Sunday, June 30, 2013

Yarn along

So I am about to start yet another afghan but this one has a purpose. I am using the Daisy Squares from here to make an afghan for the daughter of dear friends. Hope to make 5+ squares each day! I think I need about 140 squares. Below is the first day's worth.  


I am setting my expectations sort of low because life sometimes intrudes and there are so many other projects in the works. I am joining Ginny in her Yarn Along which is why the books are with the Daisy Squares. I got these books at a book exchange carousel at one of the local libraries. Not part of the library's inventory. You take what you want and leave donations when you can. I always bring them back for others to read. Hope these are interesting. Even managed to get a book with a quilting theme.  

Here is a picture of our beautiful, delicious strawberries!


These are quite a surprise to hubby and me. A couple of weeks ago, we decided to take a day-trip to the east-end of Long Island. We stopped at a deli, picked up lunch, went to a vineyard and shared a bottle of wine with our lunch on the terrace at the vineyard. On the trip home we stopped in a local farm stand and bought this hanging basket of everlasting strawberries.


We had never heard of them. The woman who sold it to us said it would yield strawberries all summer and so for she was right. Yum!
 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.