Sunday, June 25, 2017

8 down, 2 to go!

I was waiting to update you on my Baker Beach progress until I finished the 8th page! I beat my end of June goal by almost a week.
I have turned the scrolls and already used that bright green floss to make the grid for the next two pages.
The left edge of this project is one column in from the green line you can see just by the shadow. Page 9 has a little bit of blue started at the very top. 

When we came home from CA my tiger lilies were blooming profusely. 


Unfortunately, I didn't realize that bunnies love to eat them. These two, baby and parent, have absolutely decimated them. 
Next year I will have to put a small fence around them to keep the bunnies out. 
Isn't the baby cute though?
I hope the don't like the day-lilies that are about to bloom.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching today. I think I will continue to work on Baker Beach. On Monday I will join the Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape. She showcases vintage embroidery patterns that are really something.

Speaking of embroidery, I have joined the San Francisco School of Needlework and Design "Stitch at Home Challenge". The theme is "The Summer of Love" as it is the 50th anniversary.
I chose the challenge floss of "Peace and Love". I just started designing my piece. I have had this book for ages, but have never really used it. I always embroidered using kits. I will be winging it with this Challenge, but I am just going to enjoy the process. Since I really want to finish Baker Beach, I am not sure whether it was a smart idea to join, but I will make the most of it. Now I have to order my fabric. I am hoping to mostly use floss that is in my extensive stash although I may not have enough psychedelic colors. We shall see.

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. We have rabbits in our yard too. When we had a vegetable garden, we had to fence it so the rabbits did not eat everything! They eat some of the flowers but not to the ground! Baker beach is looking great! Only two more pages! How long have you been working on this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your Baker Beach project! It is looking wonderful!

    The lilies are beautiful! Mine are just beginning to open. The deer have eaten some of them, but I get to enjoy some, too. :)

    Your new project sounds interesting. I bet you come up with a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy seeing Baker Beach progress! I recognise that book, I too have had my on the shelf for ages. Look forward to seeing your new project come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your Baker's Beach is really progressing its beautiful. I'm doing the Summer of Love Challenge too, I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on Baker Beach and I didn't know bunnies liked lilies either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful progress on Baker Beach! I was a little kid in 67 but remember daisy prints and peace signs everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on achieving your goal by a week. Awesome! Enjoy the new project. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Baker's Beach. We have bunnies as well, but most of our flowers are eaten by deer. I have a lot of luck with daffodils because the deer don't like them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathie...remarkable progress! Wow to be ahead of schedule is quite an accomplishment especially with the traveling you have been doing. Good luck in the challenges that are ahead of you too. Your flowers are lovely. I wish the bunnies did not eat them but that baby sure is cute. RJ@ stitching friends forever

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so wonderful! Congrats on getting to the last section. Every time I see this it reminds me that I have a needlepoint scene waiting in a drawer to be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the progress of Baker Beach. It's coming along so beautifully. I can't wait to see it all finished. Good luck on the new embroidery project. It sounds like you will be stretching yourself. It should be a lot of fun. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Baker Beach really is progressing well. Will you miss it when you are done? I like the sound of your new project - I have that book too so will be very interested to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on your Baker beach, I hadn't realised there was so much more to do. I had thought that was the finish, silly me. Love the lilies, such a shame the rabbits have had them, they are cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cathy, Great progress on Baker Beach, it must have felt rewarding to move the scrolls. Have you tried Liquid Fence on your plants? I have a terrible problem with deer eating everything in sight and I swear by that product, works for the cute little bunnies too. Looking forward to seeing what you decide on for your challenge, have a great week. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea to use such a bright color to create your grid! Wish I thought of it when I used to cross stitch! Beautiful nature shots! Yes, my friends have to fence in everything to keep it safe from those bunnies! Beautiful pictures! Congratulations on your progress! Out of curiosity, how big will the finished project be?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Congrats on 8 pages done, that is incredible! Too bad about your tiger lilies, those are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WooHoo on beating your end of June goal. That had to feel great!

    Your tiger lilies were beautiful! A little fence does seem to be in order.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.