Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Yarn Along

Hi there everyone!
 
So my plan to crochet 5+ Daisy Squares is going fairly well though it has just been 5 each day. I have 25 made as you can see below. Added a periwinkle background that I had in my stash. Think I will need about 140 squares for the size blanket I want to make. Not sure I have enough of the background colors that I bought, but I might just raid my yarn stash. Some of it has been around a long time. 
 
 
Just finished reading Murder by Serpents by Barbara Graham. This was an easy read murder mystery that kept me entertained but not in a suspenseful way. I enjoyed it. Next on my reading list is High Meadow by Joan Wolf. I just love sitting on my deck in the summer reading a book with a glass of iced tea by my side.
 
It is Christmas in July around here. Well it has been Christmas for a while, as I am trying to finish the hand quilting on the Peanuts Christmas quilt I made for my daughter last year.  This is from a kit I found in the Keepsake Quilting catalog. Just had to buy it for her when I saw it. Here she is showing off the quilt top Christmas morning. I would like to have it quilted by this Christmas at least.
 
 
It is now sitting on my little quilt frame, or sometimes on my small lap quilt frame.
 
 
I outlined all the snow in the cartoon borders.

 
 
Now I am working on stitching a string of Christmas lights in the red and green borders. No picture of that yet. I just got started on it. Back to crafting now.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
 

7 comments:

elizabeth said...

how cute! so fun to make such things :)

thelittleroomofrachell said...

What a sweet quilt!

Erica Saint said...

I love your Daisy Squares! Pretty!

Jen said...

LOVE your Daisy squares!!! Such pretty colors! And the quilt is gorgeous!!

Laura Blinn said...

Lovely quilt! thanks for visiting my blog.

Deborah Hamilton said...

I think 5 squares per day is a good goal. Your quilt is so cute. I really like the way you are quilting the little pictures.

Irene said...

Oh my word, what a beautiful and stunning quilt. Five squares a day sounds very daunting - well done. I love your crochet daisies with such pretty colours. Thank you for the book titles - I love crime mysteries.
Thank you somuch for your kind comment on my blog.
irene
xxxx