Saturday, October 3, 2026

Not quite sweater weather

  We survived the Nor’easter with just a few small fallen branches and a bunch of fallen leaves. No power outages, no water in the basement. Just a miserable rainy weekend. Today the sun is shining, there is a light breeze and we are in the high 60s for temperature. 

My granddaughter's sweater is finally looking like a sweater. After watching some videos on how to seam a raglan sweater, I finally felt confident enough to attempt the raglan armholes on this sweater.

I was mostly pleased with the final result. The seams aren't perfect, but for a first attempt at a raglan sweater they are just fine.

I moved on and added the ribbed collar and the button band. I am currently working on the buttonhole band. 

I will have to find somewhere to buy buttons. The local notions store went out of business and my local yarn store has a limited selection. I will check in Michaels or another yarn start that is farther from home.

Do you see the name on the knitting needles I am using? It is Grants. These were my mother's needles. Does anyone remember the Grants department stores? I did a little digging, because I remember going to Grants. I remember it as a lower end department store more like a "5 and Dime" though it did sell appliances too. It turns out they went out of business in 1976! 

I finally sewed a backing on Cinnamon House to make it into a pillow.

I also found yarn that I will use to make a braided edging around the seam. 

It will be finished similarly to Pumpkin house that you can see below.

Along with the pillows above, I started putting out some Halloween decorations. There is a collection of witches.

There is also this Halloween cross-stitch with glow in the dark ghosts and a cute little squirrel that I bought last year.

The Merry Christmas Snow Globe had only a few more stitches added.

I want to start stitching the Mill Hill Charmed Faces Noel Santa. I have finally sorted the floss. There is a lot of floss as I just added it to what I had left over from the other faces that I stitched.

The little Tupperware has all the beads in it. I normally sort the beads, but I haven't done so this time. I may in the future when I get to that part. 

I will be joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Take some time to relax with a cup of tea or coffee and pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching.

 Thanks for stopping by!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.