Hubby and I visited the Nassau County Museum of Art located just over 15 miles from our home. Although we had visited the grounds for a hike with our son during the pandemic, we had never actually been in the Museum. The museum is housed in an 1862 Gothic Revival house built by William Cullen Bryant, a long-time editor of New York Evening Post.
I got free admission passes from our library because I wanted to see the current Louis Comfort Tiffany exhibit. It was fabulous and very informative. Here is an overview of Tiffany himself.
There were many beautiful examples of Tiffany glassware and lamps.
This Apple Blossom table lamp below was actually designed by Clara Driscoll who led the Women's Glass Cutting department known as "Tiffany Girls".
Wouldn't you just love to have one of these vases
....or glassware sets.
I particularly liked the yellow on the right that had a swirled stem and the purple on the left.
I do love beautiful glassware.
What surprised both of us was that Louis Comfort Tiffany was actually a prolific painter. The painting below is "Cairo Travelers Resting" from 1869. This is an oil on canvas and the details of those birds is outstanding.
This is a window called "View from Laurelton Hall".
Now on to the crafts. My granddaughter's sweater is almost complete. I have seamed both pockets and the entire right side of the sweater. For some reason, sitting at my kitchen table and sewing the seams does a number on the left side of my neck so I haven't been able to have just one long session of seaming. I actually had to take a day long break from it.
There is only one side and sleeve seam left. Hopefully I will finish that today. Of course, then there are many yarn ends to weave in, though I have done some of them already. I still haven't shopped for buttons.
The Merry Christmas Snow globe has all of the creamy colored snow stitched. Some of the exterior of the globe has also been completed.
Now I am just filling in the bright white snow.
So far only part of Santa Noel's face has been stitched. Once I concentrate on this a little more it should go quickly.
I baked this Apple Streusel Coffee Cake this week. It was a large cake so I shared half with my mother in law and actually froze some of it.
It is very tasty, but more of a cake than a coffee cake, if you know what I mean. Here is the recipe.
Can you see the date? Yes, it is a Good Housekeeping clipping from 1990. Yes, this is the first time I tried it. No, I will not be making it again. We like it a lot, but it was somewhat time consuming to make and not worth the effort in my opinion.
One of the new plants in our back yard is in full bloom.
Imagine our surprise when we realized that we have daisies. At least, I think that is what they are.
I will be joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Take some time to relax with a cup of tea or coffee and pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching.
Thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.