Sunday, March 12, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

I am so close to finishing both of the baby blankets. I have about 4 inches more to knit in pattern until the garter stitch border for the green blanket.

The secret baby blanket has only 6 more white rows to crochet. Then all I have to do is weave in the ends and add the label. Here is the last peak. The next time you see this blanket it will have been gifted and I can reveal the whole thing.

I am well into backstitching on the birth announcement. The bear, jars and butterfly are completed. Now I am working on the flowers on the right.


I am trying to get back to walking about a mile around my neighborhood each day. This was the beautiful sky one day this week.
Monday saw my first batch of Irish Soda bread this week. The recipe is from an old church recipe book. You can find the recipe under the Baking tab. 

I made two. I gave one to my MIL. I cut the other into quarters. One quarter went to my mom, 2 went in the freezer. I ate the other over several days. I will probably make a couple more this week. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by!



12 comments:

  1. Love the new header , your Knitting and stitching is looking great , enjoy your Sunday, hugs June,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baking always looks delicious. I'm looking forward to seeing the secret baby blanket and the mint green one is looking pretty. Those blue skies tell me that spring will soon be in your neighbourhood??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are so close to finishing all three baby projects! Lovely blankets and the baby announcement will soon just need the name and birth details after the baby is born. That sky is beautiful. We had more snow on Friday…at least it is already melting. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your knitting!!! I can’t seem to keep track when trying to hone that skill so I just stay with what I can do!
    I loooove the birth announcement… I hope there is time to frame before you visit your newest grand after birth :). Is your dil having a good pregnancy???
    The bread looks delicious. Enjoy!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. close to finishing quite a few - congrats - the walk around the neighborhood looks great and such a sunny day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cathie: Both blankets are lovely, I need to learn to crochet.
    The Baby Sampler is so adorable, I wish we could walk there is ice and snow on the ground, I am awaiting a spring thaw.
    I love Irish soda bread.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blankets are wonderful. I make soda bread too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love soda bread as long as it doesn't have caraway seeds.

      Delete
  8. Both blankets are beautiful, and the baby announcement is lovely. Right now we are having these constant atmospheric river storms and are under flood watch again. Hard to get any walking in right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you've been making such good progress on your baby projects! I love seeing the details emerge on that cross-stitch. Looks you had a beautiful day for a wall - I try to do that most days, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Irish Soda Bread looks so delicious. And the baby afghans are looking fabulous; they will keep a wee one warm soon. You have made a lot of progress on the birth announcement- so darling. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore all of your projects :) My walking is being readjusted since Frodo is not walking as far as he used to, I'm sure he could but it's important for me (him) to jump on the couch and I don't want to spend all of his energy on a walk.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.