Sunday, September 25, 2022

The First Hand Quilt Along of Autumn

This is the first Hand Quilt Along post of Autumn, but the second one of September. I marked the second short end of the inner border earlier this week and have been quilting it when visiting my mom. 

I finished quilting the braid yesterday and started the flower. I still have to finish quilting the corner flower, but I think I will stencil the other long border today so that it is ready to start quilting tomorrow.
Soon I will have to decide on the stencil for the outer red and white checked border. 

The HQAL is an opportunity for hand quilters to share and motivate each other. The talented quilters below post every three weeks to show our progress and encourage one another. Stop by their sites to see what they are working on. If you have a hand project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanette, SharonKarrinDaisy, and Cathie 


Thanks for stopping by!


16 comments:

  1. I love how a quilt seems to come to life when you are hand quilting it. Those border designs are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your braid quilting looks great! This is a good project to work on while visiting your mom. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a really pretty quilt! I love the braid quilting design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilting! Somehow I didn't realize it was HQAL day. I must have missed the email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting designs look lovely, a great take along project for you. Love your autumn header pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s looking beautiful so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s looking great Cathie! Kathy R.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That braid really elevates this quilt. I love your color choices on this too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't claim the color choices. This is a quilt that my mother pieced several years ago that I am just now quilting.

      Delete
  9. It looks fabulous! I love the texture the quilting gives!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cathie, I love how that braid turned out and the crossed lines too. Wonderful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cathie: This is going to be beautiful, I have never seen anyone quilt like this, I always thought it had to be on a quilt frame big quilt frame.
    The colors are beautiful.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.