Sunday, September 18, 2022

September Stitch Along Update

 A lot has happened in the three weeks since I last posted. First of all I became a Grammy to Natalie. You can see that post here. Hubby and I traveled to Boston and met here last weekend!

The onesie that she is wearing in this photo is one I had saved from when my daughter was an infant. It was virtually brand new.

I have been stitching away to get the birth announcement finished now that she is here. This is how it looked for the last Stitch Along update in August.

Here is an interim update where I had started the vines and flowers up the sides.


This is where I am now.


I have finished the side vines and flowers and have started stitching the raccoon on the upper left. There are still an owl and a squirrel to stitch as well as the name, birthdate, etc. in the middle. I think it should be done by the end of the month except if we take another trip to see the baby. 

Thank you to Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting this Stitch Along every three weeks and sending us the needed posting reminders. 

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other talented bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post. We are welcoming Mary Margaret back to the stitch along. I am looking forward to seeing what she has been up to. 

AvisClaireGunConstanzeChristinaKathyMargaretHeidiJackieSunnyMeganDeborahSharonDaisyAJCathieLindaHelenConnie, MaryMargaret

Thanks for stopping by! 

26 comments:

  1. Oh sweet Natalie! Congratulations for being a grandma Cathie, I am so glad for you and your family. Her birth announcement cross stitch project is comming along so beautifully. Go Grandma! Go! Have a nice week and happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on joining the grandparent club!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your and Scott's grandparent pic with Natalie! She is so precious!!!! What a blessing :)
    Your birth announcement will be a treasure too.... will you mount it or have it done with this project... your skills are great but I know your time is limited too!
    Congrats on Grammy world and progress!!!!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute baby! Natalie’s birth announcement is beautiful…I love all the animals. I’m sure you will want to go see Natalie and her parents as often as possible! Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new granddaughter. She is a cutie. You are making good progress on the birth announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! She is so sweet! The birth sampler is cute - you've made such great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to sweet Natalie! Her birth announcement is going to be perfect, and such an heirloom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I made birth announcements for each of my own children years ago, so I have to keep the tradition going.

      Delete
  8. awww! welcome to the world Natalie! and the birth sampler is going to be so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful progress and congratulations on your grandbaby <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations of the new grand baby, more incentive to finish the birth announcement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am busy stitching the birth announcement.

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on your new granddaughter, she is adorable. You have made wonderful progress on the birth announcement! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw! Many congratulations Cathie :-) You must have smoke coming off your cross stitch needle as you're stitching so fast. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Being retired allows me to spend as much time as I want with my stitching.

      Delete
  13. Oh, Natalie is a pretty baby. Congrats! The birth announcement is adorable. Neat and tidy stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that's the sweetest thing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful little baby with her caring grandparents. Many congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the the grandbaby. She is a doll and what a precious birth announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cathie: Congratulations on the beautiful new grandchild, she is positively beautiful and so tiny.
    You and your husband are a lucky pair.
    The Sampler is so sweet, and you are almost finished.
    Have a great week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Baby Natalie is so gorgeous! That is a precious photo of you three. Your birth announcement is beautiful and what a keepsake it will be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.