Sunday, November 28, 2021

A few more items to reveal

On Thanksgiving day here in the US, I made a turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes and stringbeans as well as a pumpkin pie. I brought half of this meal to my mother's house and we had a quiet Thanksgiving celebration together. The other half of the meal I gave to my husband and he had Thanksgiving dinner with his mom at her house. It is just the way it had to be this year. 

On Friday, Hubby and I made the long drive to Boston to have a true Thanksgiving dinner with our daughter, her husband, her in-laws and our son. I brought the second pumpkin pie that I made to share on that day. We had a wonderful family celebration. My daughter, son-in-law and my son made a delicious feast.

We were also joined by my son-in-law's parents.

On Saturday we took a walk to and around a local reservation.
The weather was sunny and cold with a slight breeze.

There was some large rocks for pup Ruby and my son-in-law to play on.


You can see that my daughter just watched.
So did my son.


We drove home last night in order to avoid the majority of the traffic. It was only a slightly longer than usual drive from Boston to Long Island, but not quite as long as my son's trek to PA. It took him over 7 hours to get from PA to Boston on Tuesday. 

I previously told you that I had been stitching some small ornaments at work when I didn't have any students to help. I finished three of them last week to bring with me to Boston. I made one each for my son and his fiancee, my daughter and her husband and another for my daughter's in-laws. They are all basically the same with only slight differences. They were quick and easy to make and a Christmas surprise at Thanksgiving.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I am hoping to get some cross-stitching done today. 

You can also see my latest Santa update here.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely thanksgiving with your family, spread out over a few days! I’m sure the moms appreciated their dinners too! We had snow overnight…the plow just went by so I am off to do some shovelling. Beautiful ornaments that you made for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had your celebration as best as you can with elderly parents and then another that sounds like it was fun too. It is always nice to get in fall walks I think, brisk and chilly but so nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ornaments, and looks like you had some great celebrations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds and looks as if Thanksgiving was a lovely time for you and all your family. Fabulous that you were able to celebrate with both your mums, too. Love all the photos, especially that of the extended family at the table. Gorgeous little ornaments. Such pretty stitching, and I love the way you have formed the loop...very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely holiday. Darling ornaments. I wait until December to put away my Fall decor, but always enjoy seeing the Christmas ornaments every year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. seems like a lovely way to share Thanksgiving with your loved ones over several days, the place you walked looks great and those Christmas ornaments are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely Thanksgiving celebration. We really enjoyed that pretty walk.

      Delete
  7. I am so glad you were with your family!! Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.