Sunday, February 28, 2021

Stitch Along Update

There is not a whole lot of progress to show today on Three Boats. Mom has been home from rehab since Monday and I am back to sleeping at her house each night. Despite my hustle to get all of the appropriate information and signed forms to her lawyer prior to her discharge, she has yet to be approved for the full-time aides that are now necessary. This has greatly affected my stitching time. Of course those of you who follow most of my posts know that I am also trying to stitch a Christmas stocking for my son-in-law and another special cross-stitch also so Three Boats has to fit in to the rotation.  

All that being said, here is where Three Boats was 3 weeks ago.

This is where I am as of yesterday.

You can see that I have added a few stitches on the left hand side as well as some blue. 

Thanks so much to Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting this Stitch Along every three weeks.

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other talented bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. You will see a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post. 

AvisClaireGunCaroleConstanzeChristinaKathy

MargaretCindyHeidiJackie, SunnyMegan,

 DeborahMary MargaretReneeCarmelaSharon

DaisyAnneConnieAJ, JennyLauraCathie

LindaHelen  

Thanks for stopping by!





28 comments:

  1. Love your stitching , lifts my heart and hoping we can get away the end of the year for our holidays but will have to see what happens . Enjoy your Sunday .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your mom is better and is home. I guess you will have little time..but it's nice to see your progress. I send you an affectionate hug ..
    Carmela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for your mom's recovery. Still plenty of time to stitch up holiday gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you can get the caregivers sorted out soon. Your stitching project will take some time but I love seeing it every time you post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping your Mom has a speedy recovery. Sometimes the projects need to be put aside when life happens. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sorry you are back to sleeping at your mother's house so she is not alone - so stressing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I can’t imagine stitching something so intricate and full of stitches. Beautiful! I hope your mom has a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm surprised you managed to stitch at all in your current situation. I hope you can get some time to yourself soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My stitching is my stress release. Sometimes I just think about the stitching, sometimes I work problems through while I stitch.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful stitching! Hope things get worked out so your mother can get the help she needs. I know it is trying for the family/caregivers! Will keep you both in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you show a before and after photo, you can definitely see progress despite all that is going on for you at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing progress on three boats! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying here for a quick recovery for your mother and better days for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sorry to hear you're having to run around getting things set up for your Mum. And am surprised you managed to have the energy to stitch as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't that I have the energy to stitch, but that I desperately need the stress relief. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  14. Hopefully the care for your mom will be sorted out very quickly. Even little stitching progress is great. It is always a joy to see your Three Boats.....and your October Morning. Take care; hoping this week lets you enjoy a little more stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Each time you add a few stitches, you move Three Boats along a little more. Hope the approval for a fulltime aide comes through soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hoping you are able to resolve your mom’s care needs quickly! This has been a stressful time for you, keep your stitching to relax, there are no set amounts, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope the aides come through soon, so you can get back to your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope it all works out well with your mother! Let the stitching take its time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting this project to take quite a lot of time, so I am not too worried.

      Delete
  19. Really, that seaside piece ... the stitches are soooo tiny. It is just amazing!! I think that every time you show it. And I know the project is MUCH bigger!! A lifetime achievement for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cathie, I'm glad that your Mom is back in her home, and that she has you to help care for her. Hopefully the paperwork for her full-time carers comes through to take the pressure off you! Sending good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Having looked after my Mum for two years before she went in a home, I know just how hard in can be when you are the only carer. Do not fret on lack of progress, I can certainly see where you have been working and it is growing steadily. Don't forget to take care of yourself as well as your Mum Cathie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. glad your mom is home, sad that the agency or whoever cannot get their act together and send the care that she needs (and you need!!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.