Sunday, February 21, 2021

Another Start

 Here is a sneek peek at my new cross-stitch. This is what happens when I can't sleep and decide to start stitching something at 5 am. Shhh...it's a secret.

You can see my new microwave in the background. I went to use our old one last weekend and it made an awful sound and didn't cook anything. It was giving us trouble every once in a while where items took forever to heat so it's demise wasn't a surprise. The dishwasher has been testy for a couple of years too, so that will be the next appliance we replace.

I have also added a few rows to the variegated Diagonal Bobbles Blanket

I am about halfway done with it now. It is weird that the bobble look inverted in the photo. I assure you they are all raised bobbles.

I was in the mood for pizza on Friday, but didn't want Hubby going to a crowded pizza shop during Lent so I made my own. 

This is what was left after we finished. I have only done this a couple of times. I made my own pizza dough from this Pioneer Woman cookbook.

I also made my own sauce. I was limited in my recipe choices as I didn't have any tomato paste, but I tried this recipe for Homemade Pizza Sauce and it was quite tasty. Just a little spicy for Hubby and me for pizza.

Mom will be going home tomorrow. I took the day off to pick her up in the morning. An aide will be coming to stay with her full-time later in the day. I wanted a few hours where I could just visit with her by ourselves as we haven't seen each other in person for 5 weeks. There are still some care issues to work out, but she is happy to be going home and having food that she likes. She has lost weight as she is a picky eater. I got groceries by curbside pick-up yesterday to stock her house. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I think I will add some stitches to Three Boats and my new piece.

Thanks for stopping by!


16 comments:

  1. Nice new start .
    Your blanket is looking pretty .
    How lovely to have your mother back home you must have missed her so much .
    Have a happy Stitching Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful news your mum is going back to her home tomorrow. She will be thrilled, as I am quite sure you will be, too. I won't tell a soul you are whiling away the wee hours of the morning, stitching away. I must say, your Diagonal Bobbles Blanket is gorgeous. Love those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good start. Blanket is lovely. We decided not to eat out during lent. Trying to control our taste buds.
    www.shamiatcraft.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bobbles on your blanket really do look like dimples! You have some gorgeous projects on the go. Nice stocking in your last post for your daughter in law too. I'm pleased for you that your mum is heading home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what the new piece you are working on is... enjoy 3 boats... but more than that enjoy time with your mom in her home.... you are blessed to have a great relationship with her. I am glad she is able to come home too! That pizza looks great..hope y'all enjoyed it :) Microwaves run the gammut on price but dishwashers will give you sticker shock so be prepared... Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news that you Mom is going home I wish her a speedy recovery. Your blanket is looking lovely, I'm wondering what your new stitchery is going to be you have made a good start. Home made pizza is always nicer than bought. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to know your mom will be home. That pizza seems delicious, Yesterday we also enjoyed some pizza at home.
    Love your new varigated crochet blanket.
    Have a happy and safe week, Cathie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo a secret project! That is fun!
    Wonderful that your Mom is coming home!
    Enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems all appliances break at the same time! Enjoy your new microwave. Your blanket is gorgeous; love the colors. I recently bought a bread machine and have been experimenting with pizza dough recipes. I will check out Pioneer Woman’s recipe; your pizza looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. good news on your mom - I make home made pizza sometimes but the crust is always thicker - what recipe do you use for the dough? It always seems to me that my appliances go one after another as well - I hate when that happens and they do not last as long as they used to it seems - possibly they just aren't made as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet your mom is thrilled to be going home! Glad you've found help for her, too. It's always fun to start a new project! The blanket looks really pretty, too. Yum on the homemade pizza! I used to make it every week when our boys were growing up - now I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. At five o'clock it was early to get up, but if you do not sleep you can just as easily get up and do something nice. Exciting what your new stitching is.
    Love your diagonal bobbles blank, beautiful color composition.
    Your pizza looks delicious! Homemade pizza is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy your mother is coming home at long last. I don't blame you for wanting to spend some time alone with her. I have that cookbook too! Happy stitching and hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a lot on your mind...no wonder you were up stitching so early. I hope your mom’s transition to home goes smoothly. The pizza looks delicious. Your blanket is so pretty...lovely colours. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so happy your mom is going home and I hope all the outside care people sorts itself out fast so you can relax.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whew, would never think to stitch when I wake up at night...perhaps I should. Do you then go back to sleep? Or are you up up? Love the variegated blanket, such pretty color combinations. I've never made pizza, but like you we've not gone into a store. We've been doing home delivery, with GrubHub and like you ordering groceries for curbside pick up. How nice your Mom will be returning home. Hope things go well with the care giver. Hope your staying well, staying safe from the Covid and hopefully getting your vaccines soon, if you've not already done that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.