Sunday, September 13, 2020

September SAL Update

 This is the only SAL update for September. It is so hard to believe that the summer months have passed by so quickly. I haven't had a whole lot of time to stitch so far this month. I have been grading Precalculus assignments and writing the first exam for that University class.  I did put my mind to stitching a few times so far this month. Here is where Three Boats was three weeks ago.

I have been filling in some of the tree trunk and the area on the left. It is a lot of working 20 stitches of a color and then switching colors and maybe stitching 5, then switching color again and stitching 15 stitches. You know how it is. It is hard to make any significant progress in one sitting. I really don't mind though, because that is what makes the final picture so amazing.
Here is where I am today. 
I made some scones the other day when visiting mom. We've been going through her collection of clipped or handwritten recipes lately and decided to try some of them. This recipe was hand-written by my mom with no clue as to where she got it. It is quite tasty, though mom wasn't thrilled.
I will be keeping this recipe because I really like them. They are much, much better than one of the recipes we tried several weeks ago that went straight into the trash. The scones themselves were pretty inedible.

This little bunny paid an early morning visit to our front walk last week.
It was only interested in showing me its profiles.
Thank you so much to Avis from Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting this Stitch-along. Please take the time to visit the other bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along.

Thanks for stopping by!


26 comments:

  1. I can see your stitching growing .
    I have just been sorting my UFOs out to start soon.
    I thought this Summer I would have stitched more but the time has passed by so quick.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's great progress, I'm in awe of anyone who can do these complex designs, it's going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week, I can notice nice progress on your stitching. It all adds up. Scones look tasty. There’s been a baby bunny visiting our yard this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a fair bit of progress even though you did not have much time to stitch! Do you have several needles threaded with the different colours or just one needle? I find threading the needle takes time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a huge project! You made good progress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am pretty pleased with it myself.

      Delete
  6. The full coverage pieces with confetti stitching are certainly long term commitments. Your is looking good and I can see the progress. And yummm, scones. I need to put some ingredients for them on the grocery list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great needle work - I love scones but have had a lot of recipes that didn't turn out well

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see more water emerging in your stitching! It's really amazing how a few stitches here, and a few there can create such a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Cathie, You are making another masterpiece of art. ♥
    I will love to receive a bunny visit, so cute.
    Happy slow Sunday stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Plenty of tiny stitching progress again this time. I need a cuppa and a biscuit after seeing your homemade scones YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slow and steady is the way to go... enjoy your stitching and your scones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. excellent progress and very cute bunny ^^
    claire93

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great progress, you can see the difference. The scones look tasty, what fun to go through the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you can see the progress. Mom and I threw several recipes in the trash that we really didn't want to try, but there are still many that we hope to get to.

      Delete
  14. Looks like you've covered a lot of territory in spite of having to change threads so often. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent progress, Cathie! You have filled in a lot of space this time for school starting. Grading those first precalc assignments is probably very time consuming, especially if the students are a bit rusty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great progress on your stitching, and cute pictures of the bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can see some progress! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally love the look of counted cross stitch. It is just amazing to look at with such detail. So wish my eyes could stand doing it. Its been years since I have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are such a blessing to your mom, the amount of time you spend with her and your other parent (father/mother in law?) is a lot and I know they are grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Making great progress on this piece and your scones look really yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the detail and the shading -- takes so long, but it's so worth it! Also, hooray for your bunny pics. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, I understand the patience to embroider a few stitches and then change the color again ... but the result is beautiful! What good scones! A caress to the bunny!
    Hugs,Carmela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.