Sunday, September 6, 2020

School has started

School has started which means I will have a lot less time to craft. At least I think that is what will happen. I am working from home for both of my positions, so I may have time to craft during my day job as I wait for students to come to me via Googlemeets. You never know. I have definitely had a lot less crafting time this past week. It was the second week of lectures for my university class, so I had assignments to grade. My high school just had Zoom and Google meetings about the logistics of reopening. As I said I have been allowed to work from home and I am very grateful for that. 

It is starting to get a little cooler here. Hubby and I went in our pool Friday afternoon for probably the last time this season. 

So, what have I been working on? 

The church in October Morning now has almost all of its roof and steeple. That was a nice easy stitch of two different colors. I also finished the last two windows and the tree trunk that crosses the church. 


I spent some time yesterday working on Three Boats. It is hard to see much difference from the last time I posted. I added a bunch of confetti stitches of various colors here and there.

I have gotten a few more goodies in the mail. First, my cousin's daughter....who is closer to my age than my cousin is....asked if I would like a cross-stitch kit that she had that was too advanced for her. You know I didn't turn that down.

Isn't it gorgeous. I am so looking forward to working with all of those beautiful colors of floss. I haven't seen fabric painted like this before other than in needlepoint, but it comes with a counted cross-stitch chart also, that I am sure I will be using. 

I also got more fat quarters to use in my daughter's quilt. 

Unfortunately I won't be able to use all of them as they aren't the right tone for what I am planning (the top 4 - 6 are good, but the bottom two are too bright). I got two of the same fabric for one of them, which will be fine. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site and see what other bloggers are stitching. I think I will get some more stitches added to Three Boats today. 

Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

  1. October morning is looking great .
    Your new gift looks pretty .
    My hubby is on Zoom having meeting allot of days and some nights , I like having him home more .
    Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are able to work from home, giving you peace of mind I am sure. Here's hoping that you get some quiet moments and are able to get a few stitches done here and there. Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that I will have some stitching time especially during the first few weeks as that is usually a quiet time for me.

      Delete
  3. I love your church scene progress.. and 3 boats is coming along.. I am excited to see more of what your family member sent you and how you like it since it is a bit different from what you usually have with painted fabric. Have fun with all that floss there though.. it looks happy! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how difficult attending school has become. It is great you are able to teach classes on-line. Oh my, the new cross stitch is a pretty one. Love those flowers. Fingers crossed you are able to get some time to work on your beautiful Three Boats and October Morning this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching! Gorgeous fabric for the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The completion of the roof makes a difference on the charming church. I would enjoy worshipping there on an autumn Sunday. The day job does interfere with stitching time. All the colors in the fat quarters are pretty, perhaps you can use some of the others here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects you have going! We are due to be 110-111 the next couple of days here in Northern California, we could use some cooling down! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. October Morning is coming right along! I like the variation in the greens of the church lawn. The new project looks like a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I finally figured out how to comment on blogs again! Nice that you can ease into teaching/work again. I am glad you can work from home where you will feel safe. The church cross stitch is a welcome break from all that confetti stitching in 3 boats! All those projects should keep you busy for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so so glad you are remote for both jobs. That is a huge relief I am sure. I will keep my fingers crossed you get time to craft!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.