Sunday, May 27, 2018

An Engagement!

My daughter and her boyfriend just moved into their first house together this past Thursday. That evening he proposed!
Image may contain: 2 people, including Katelyn Jeffreys, people smiling, closeup
Hubby and I are very happy for the two of them. We wish them many happy years together. It is so nice to have some very happy news to share!

On another note. I finally finished the Granny Square Rose Afghan.
I love how the border came out!

I am seeing lots of flowers right now as my azaleas are in bloom.
My favorite lavender azalea wasn't as pretty as it usually is. 
This little one enjoyed a corn-cob snack in front of it though.
I have one rhododendron bloom so far...
and a few irises.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. I will be working on the Advent Calendar again. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are up to.

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats to your daughter and her fiancé! They look very happy! Your afghan turned our beautifully--the border is just right! Lovely flowers too. I have to do a little tour around our yard to check out what is blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cathie... congrats to your daughter and her fiance! How exciting to get a house and have a future together... very romantic.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your finished afghan! That is sooo beautiful... I hope you have lots of snuggles under it too!!!
    Your yard is amazing... my honey brings me roses every day from our yard and I love it... they don't last very many days but that just means he has to keep bringing them to me day after day! lol
    Have a wonderful week!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. An engagement and a beautiful finish! TWO congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your daughter and the afghan is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blooms on both your afghan and your plants! Congtrats to all! What an exciting time. :) Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your happy family news! Your afghan flowers are as beautiful as the garden flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy news! Your afghan is beautiful, so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to your daughter, Cathie!♥♥ They look so happy. God bless.
    The afghan is beautiful, you know I love it! And beautiful flowers on the garden, love the little one eating some corn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please give your daughter and husband to be our congratulations! (And a nice afghan finish, too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers are so pretty. I'm between things blooming at the moment so only green. Lovely to see your colorful yard. Congrats to you and your family on the engagement. What a cute couple they make. So happy I happened onto your blog while I was out blog walking. So fun to find new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cathie: Congratulations to the sweet couple.
    Your afghan is beautiful.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy engagement,! How exciting :) love your blanket, you really outdid yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.