Friday, February 5, 2016

Snow Day!

So we had a whole lot more snow last week, but today I got a snow day. I was supposed to sub today, but school was closed due to the latest snow storm. We were supposed to get between 3-5 inches. We definitely got more than that. 
 My poor dogwood tree has a lot of heavy clumping snow on it.
 The cars are covered once again.
 Below, the snow had stopped and the shoveling was done. Our streets had yet to be plowed. A blue sky emerged. That's Hubby watching me take the picture (or checking out the roof).
So what did I do with my unexpected time off. I opened up the sewing machine and made up 32 of these squares. 

They are the centers of one of two different types of squares for my Royal Squares Quilt. I'm still not sure about the maroon/purple solid fabric, but I am going with it none the less. I made the decision to go with it months ago and I am sticking with it. I'm sure that I will be pleased when the quilt is all put together. 

Now that Hubby and I have finished snow-blowing and shoveling the snow, I think I am going to make some cookies (chocolate chip sounds good).
 The first batch of chocolate chip cookies were in the oven when I made myself some hot chocolate. I love having mini-marshmallows in my hot chocolate.

I hope to get some cross-stitching in this afternoon. My Spring Angel needs a little more love.

This is definitely a really good snow day!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. what pretty snow that is - the wet heavy snow is always so pretty but not the kind you want when you think of tree limbs breaking and power lines - looks like you got it all taken care of though and the hot chocolate looks great - i had some last night! might not get a lot of snow here and the earliest daffodils are blooming but it still gets dipping into the 20's and 30's at night

    ReplyDelete
  2. The winter here in the UK has been so mild and I have yet to see any snow. A lot of the Spring bulbs are starting to bloom and the grass hasn't really stopped growing. Sounds like the perfect snow day, baking and crafting it doesn't get any better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you made the most of your snow day! Sure wish we would have one here in western PA--snow has been in short supply this year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photo of hubby looking at you is absolutely gorgeous. That stunning light! You were a little bit productive with your unexpected day off, weren't you!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is magical looking. I'm with you on the marshmallows in my hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty snow pics, best to be indoors with that quilt work and tempting cup of choco.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.