Thursday, September 24, 2015

Royal Squares Quilt

I had some free time this week so I decided to start sewing my Royal Squares quilt. First I had to sort all of the jelly-roll strips. This is only half of them.
Then I had to decide which strips to sew together in twos.
Above are the second half of the strips that are sewn in twos. Next I had to cut the strips in the top photo in half and put those strips in groups of four to sew together in strips. 
I  sewed half of the groups of four today (no picture) and I hope to finish the rest over the weekend. 
Those of you who follow my blog, know that I am not a quick crafter and this will take some time, but I am enjoying sitting at my sewing machine for some mindless strip sewing. Of course, choosing which strips to group together was not all that relaxing as I am somewhat particular as to what looks good together.
I am not sure that scrappy is really for me. 

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. As long as you are enjoying your crafting time it doesn't matter how long it takes, just have fun with it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.