Sunday, September 8, 2013

Two Finishes!

 I did it! I am ready for the Long Island Fair!

As you can see I updated my header photo to reflect the coming fall season. In this photo you can see the cross-stitch sampler that I am entering in the fair. It is one of my own designs.
 
I completed the Daisy Square Afghan on Thursday. I crocheted one row of single crochet all around outside edge. On the next row I did a single crochet, chained 4, skipped the next 3 stitches and then a single crochet all the way around.
 

 
I was mulling the idea of then making some sort of shell in the chain 4 space but my daughter thought the simple chain loops complemented the afghan and I agreed. Hence, I am done and I am very pleased with the finished product. You can find the pattern for the Daisy Squares here.


 
After helping my daughter move into her apartment on Friday, I needed some "me" time on Saturday. So I spent the day in my "sewing room", a nook in the basement, and completed my Scary Cat pillow. It took me most of the day. First, because I couldn't decide on the fabric placement and then because I measured incorrectly twice! I hate having to use the seam ripper so much. After a snack break I returned to sew on the piping and backing. I think it looks great!

 
Now I can concentrate on the complementary hand towel that I am making. It should be finished in no time.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Cathie, the afghan is so pretty.

    Good luck at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really love the way it turned out.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.