Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Sweater is Started and Yarn Along!

~" Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? " ~ Ginny at Small ThingsI am joining Ginny's Yarn Along. Feel free to check out her site and peek in on what others are knitting/crocheting and reading.
 
Well, I did it. I cast on the sweater I am making for me. I have even managed to knit the lacy-look border and am now into the body of the sweater. Yay!
  

  
 I am also about to start working on Little House Needleworks' "Through the Woods". I don't think it will be finished by Christmas as there are so many other WIPs right now.

 
I have just barely started reading Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman. Stitching, knitting, tutoring and fall cleaning (read window washing) are taking up my reading time and I haven't been in the mood at bed-time.
 
A trip to my local cross-stitch store netted these:

 
The dark fabric is for the Little House Needleworks pattern. The pattern in the back is quite large and will take quite some time. I can't show you the whole pattern as it will be a future (very far in the future) gift. I haven't even bought the fabric or floss for it yet.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. I've been washing windows, too (among other fall cleaning tasks). What a lot of projects you've got planned! Your sweater border looks good--I like the color. I love Alice Hoffman's books, although some of them are rather dark. Happy reading and making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always something to clean. I agree with Alice Hoffman's books. I really don't usually like dark but I remember the movie Practical Magic and figured this would be fine. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Fall always inspires me to cast on (far too many) projects. I guess I figure winter will be here soon enough and finishing up all the projects I started will be perfect for keeping me busy on snowy days. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaning and chores certainly get in the way of all the fun stuff (reading, knitting, and stitching). That is a lovely lacy border on a great sweater. Happy Knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) Cleaning and windows are on my list of things to do too!
    I love the sweater you've started. I've been looking for a sweater to knit for myself. Can you post a link to the pattern?
    The Miss Marple Scarf is very easy, and you should be able to do it in a couple days.
    Thanks for visiting,
    Anne♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.