Sunday, March 26, 2017

Quilting and Cross-stitching

In my free time, meager as it has been lately, I have been quilting and cross-stitching. The weather has been cooperating....cold and miserable. Perfect for stitching. I have removed almost all of my mom's quilting and have been adding my own. I almost have all of the stitching done in one direction.
Baker Beach is filling in slowly. Last week it looked like this:
You can see that I have added part of a black rock and some of the water above it.
I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. If you read yesterday's post you know that I may not be stitching much. I am also linking to Quilting is More Fun than Housework. On Monday, I will join the Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape. Pop on over to these sites to see what other bloggers are up to.

Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

  1. Lovely work , do you hand stitch the quilt ?
    Love the WIP looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Cathie!! I love that we can find joy in the cold, otherwise miserable weather! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cold and wet days are great for slow stitching while having a cup of tea. Is this the last corner of Baker Beach? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see the progress on Baker Beach from week to week. It's such a pretty one too. Beautiful work. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even a few minutes of stitching here and there will be relaxing!
    So nice to see you adding stitches to your Mom's quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun! With one stitch at a time. Happy Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing how baker beach is growing every week! Looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have made great progress since the last time I checked out your blog. The beach just looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you've been getting a bit done here and there. Hope you can find some time here and there to stitch each week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like perfect weather for some slow stitching. Baker Beach made nice progress this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've made wonderful progress on both of these projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miserable weather outside makes for good stitching inside. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for the loss of your father-in-law. I hope you and your family are doing okay in the tough weeks ahead.

    Your stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cathie: Your quilting is lovely, Baker Beach is getting there.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You've made tremendous progress on your Baker Beach project since I was here last -- it looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. quilting reminds me of my mom and my sister :) lovely stitching both the quilt and the cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful quilting and I love your cross stitch project that is quite a massive project.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Baker's Beach must be nice to stitch on during the cold days of early spring. I think your mother's quilt is such a wonderful project to finish up and keep in the family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.