Sunday, March 28, 2021

A week off from work

I have the next week off from work for Easter/Passover vacation. That is a whole week before Easter to get some crafting completed. The Easter decor that you see in the header is from my mother's house. I believe she painted that little chick several years ago at a local ceramics store.

I have been steadily working on my special secret cross-stitch. Here is a peek of some green and blue that was added.

Santa now has some color in his cheeks. 

There is a story to go with that. I was about to start those rosy cheeks, when I realized that the color that was included in the kit couldn't possibly be right as it was a lighter coral/beige that was the same as the color next to it in the floss card. The kit includes the DMC number that corresponds to each color and I have a card that has all the colors on it. Nope, it was not the right color. Thankfully I had DMC 351 which was stated, although I have to tell you that in person those rosy cheeks are somewhat orange even though the kit calls it light red. I am not sure that I like how they look, but the surrounding colors also tend to coral so they are probably correct. They don't look anything like the photo on the front of the kit though. I have since finished the cheek on the right and I am leaving them as is. 

I have been reading a bunch lately. I suprised myself by thoroughly enjoying "A Walk to Remember" by Nicolas Sparks.
 I totally enjoyed the story line and the ending didn't bother me as much as his usually do. I mentioned in the past that Mom has almost all of his books in hardcover, so I have decided to read them. I always need to read something else in between though. 
I have since gone back to reading the Harry Potter series and I am now more than halfway done with "The Prisoner of Azkaban". Such an easy read and I enjoy making the comparisons with the book and the movies as I read.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I think I wil grab a cup of tea and peruse a few blogs myself. I will get to stitching something later today.

Thanks for stopping by!



 

11 comments:

  1. How wonderful you have a whole week off from work to enjoy lots of crafting. Your mother's little chick is sweet and what a fabulous job she did with the painting of it. Love those eggs, too. I just love your Santa's face. I am sure when it is all done, the colours will look great. I love the movie "A Walk To Remember". Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your week off! Santa is starting to look a bit “cheeky”...sorry, I could not resist the pun! The secret project has some lovely colours in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter decor is very sweet, I'm sure Santa's cheeks will blend in once the surrounding stitches have been sewn. Thanks for your blog visit I'm sorry to hear you're having sleep problems like I am but in your case it's not surprising you have a lot on your plate. Enjoy your Easter break and your crafting 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. His cheeks are rosy and just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great week off. I loved A Walk to Remember. I have several of his earlier books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Easter decor. Happy stitching and enjoy the Easter break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Easter topper on your blog :) I hope you enjoy all the Nicholas Sparks books of your moms.. I enjoy the sneak peek of your special cross stitch too as well as the Santa face <3
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully Santa's cheeks will blend in with the rest of his skin color and they will look better to you! Enjoy your week off - wishing you lots of reading and stitching time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He wouldn't be santa without red rosy cheeks! I will look out for your book recommendation. I still love the Harry Potter books, and have read then several times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you enjoy your break from work. Love the header and the gorgeous painted eggs. Santa's cheeks look perfect yo me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hurrah for a week off - much needed I'm sure. Weird that the wrong color was included, someone made a mistake packaging that up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.