Sunday, January 6, 2019

One row a day

I am trying to crochet one row a day on my lacy infinity scarf. It is working right now. 
I complete my hand exercises immediately afterward in the hope of preventing any further pain. 

I have also started stitching my secret cross-stitch. This is the one and only picture you will see of it until it is completed and gifted. 
I have the piece on a double hoop that sits on my lap so that I can stitch with my left hand only. It is a slow process that way, but it too is working right now.
I am hoping to make some progress on this later today. My son is visiting again this weekend so I will work on in after dinner most likely. 

We took our Christmas tree down yesterday so that it can go out for recycling tonight. I also packed up some of my son's ornaments that he can take to put on his own tree next year. I am doing the same with some of my daughter's ornaments also. I will slowly take down the rest of the decorations over the next week after work. 

Speaking of Christmas, I realize that I never shared any photos from that time. Here is my daughter and her puppy, Ruby. 
Ruby settled in to our home just fine. Isn't she adorable.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. what type of hand exercises do you do? I hope they work and that your hand is healing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby is a sweetie! Your daughter looks very happy. One row at a time...slow and steady wins the race. Take care. Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ruby is a really great puppy. She is very smart. I am working slowly and babying my hand.

      Delete
  3. Loving the lacy crochet the pattern and color are so pretty. I have been doing hand and finger exercises for years it helps with both the carpal tunnel and the arthritis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it helps my arthritis as is can be very painful. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. oh you sound like me--I quilt maybe 2 rows and then rest my hand...Your daughter is so cute and obviously loves her doggy...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not know how to crochet but want to learn, the color yarn you are using is lovely.
    I totally love your daughters puppy, what a cutie pie.
    I am looking forward to seeing the new cross stitch project you are working on.
    So sorry to hear about your hand.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby is a cutie!! I sorted out all sorts of ornaments to give to the kids. My daughter has hers but my son's is in a container downstairs. He doesn't do a tree yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruby is adorable! So glad you are able to do some stitching!
    I'm taking our tree down tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have plenty of decorations to take down, but the tree is on curb for recycling.

      Delete
  8. I gave the kids their ornaments a few years ago for their trees. It's always nice to get the house back to normal again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most certainly is. I still have decorations to put away, but there is more light coming through my front window now that the tree isn't in front of it. Thanks for visiting

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.