I am so happy to receive a nomination from Corrie at Plutonium Muffins this week for the One Lovely Blog Award. Corrie is a crafter from London (and many other places) who blogs mostly about her beautiful knitting and spinning. She also sells a variety of handmade cards in her Etsy shop Skinny Lizzy.
The purpose of this award is for bloggers to nominate fellow, mostly newer, bloggers that they wish to recognize. The goal is to bring attention to blogs that we think are "lovely" and enjoy reading. We hope others will enjoy reading these blogs also.
In order to accept the award, the nominated blogger must follow these rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you & link back to them in your post
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award
Here are my seven facts:
- I am a secondary school math teacher. I especially love Geometry. This is probably why I love quilts.
- I love to bake. Unfortunately, I am the only one of my family who will eat more that one muffin or piece of cake or pie. I don't bake as much as I would like because I wouldn't fit into any of my clothes.
- I taught myself to crochet in order to help my grandmother complete an afghan kit that one of my uncles gave her. I am still crocheting over 40 years later.
- I started designing my own cross-stitch charts 5 years ago. I still enjoy working on commercial charts too.
- My favorite place to vacation with my family is Woodloch in Hawley, PA.
- My favorite place to vacation as a kid was Colonial Williamsburg, VA. I love the history of that place.
- I have been fascinated with King Tut since the 1970s. I finally got to see an exhibit of his tomb's treasures a couple of years ago when it came to NYC.
Here are my blog nominations:
- Pumpkin Sunrise: Karen has a wonderful blog where she shares her knitting. Her dog Frodo makes frequent appearances also.
- Re-inventing Mother: Wanda shares her life, knitting, and her beautiful Drawstrings bags that she sells on Etsy.
- Kearnel's Korner: Lynn posts about her beautiful cross-stitch projects.
- Butterfly Wings: June shares here adorable cross-stitch projects and photos of her beautiful garden.
- Arrow Acres Farm: Leanne shares her knitting and her adorable alpacas. I want to visit her farm some day as it is in a neighboring state to me.
- Through Our Garden Gate: Kathleen shares her life as a creative, stay-at-home mom.
- Woolthyme: Stephanie shares her knitting, embroidery, reading and life in general.
- Happy In Dole Valley: Lisa shares her gorgeous knitting and her life in Washington. She has some great knitting patterns on Ravelry and a shop on Etsy.
- Small Things: I just had to nominate this blog because I visit it almost daily. Ginny shares her life, family, knitting and reading. She hosts the weekly link-up, Yarn Along, where many bloggers share their reading and yarn projects.
- Blacksheep's bit of the Web: Edgar has been blogging for quite some time. He shares his cross-stitch projects, thrifting, vacations, who-hounds and life in San Francisco. I include this blog because I thoroughly enjoy reading it and I look forward to each new post.
I hope you visit some of these amazing blogs and make some new friends.
Thanks for stopping by!