Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Yarn Along

I am joining Ginny's Yarn Along again this week. What are you knitting/crocheting? What are you reading? Pop on over to her site to see what others are up to.
Just checking in with everyone. Sad to say that my crafting has been very slow lately. I am still working on these granny square roses from Apple Blossom Dreams.
Do you see the light colored green leaves on the dark colored roses above? Well I am running out of it. I have used a much darker, forest green for the leaves on the light colored roses, but it doesn't show off the dark roses at all. Since the lighter green is a yarn I have had for many years, I need to make a decision about buying more yarn. I doubt I will be able to get the same color. 
I think I am going to start adding the beige background color on those roses that have leaves and see how large they become. I still haven't decided whether I want to just connect all the rose squares together or place solid beige squares in between them to make an afghan. 
Yes, I believe some experimenting is in my future.

I have resumed crocheting my Richmond Lace infinity scarf. 
There is a lot more than this finished. I am almost halfway through. This pattern requires some concentration as it is a 4 row pattern with only two in a row being the same. I can't be distracted when stitching this scarf. 
As for reading, I am halfway through Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Okay, despite the constant angst, I am enjoying this book. At least enough to want to read to the end. I don't think I could read this more than once. I am definitely going to pick up something light and frivolous as my next read.

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. What beautiful makes. Your rose squares look wonderful I really like the variation of colours and your inifinity scarf is a lovely pattern. Good luck with Wuthering Heights, I have been to the moors which inspired part of the story and you can see how the landscape is reflected in the text. Thanks for sharing.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the infinity scarf, the colour combination and pattern are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my all time favorite book, angst and consumption dying included. Love the ending.. Looks like you are making progress and I hope you find another green or make it work with out the geen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty projects. I know what you mean about having to concentrate on your scarf. I find that when I only have a simple 4 row repeat I get more confused!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow those flowers are so pretty. I liked Wuthering Heights but it's true that you don't really need to read it more than once.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.