Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope all of you are able to be with family and/or friends on this special day. A day to be thankful for the blessings of family, friends, health and prosperity. Although my favorite holiday is Christmas, I think Thanksgiving is a universal holiday that should be more greatly appreciated. Please don't shop on this holiday. Enjoy and appreciate the gathering of your family. Take the time to be thankful.

I have finally returned to knitting my Barn Jacket. The right front is finally finished. I cast on the first sleeve. I finally feel like I am more than halfway done. I can't wait to finish it and wear it.

I'm joining Ginny's Yarn Along. What are you knitting/crocheting? What are you reading?

I finished reading The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. I loved this book and I will definitely be reading more books by this author. This is an intriguing story that weaves through several generations of women. There is mystery, family intrigue and self-discovery all wrapped up in one fascinating story. I am not sure what I will read next. I won't have much time in the next week as my family will be visiting.
 
Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. If you liked Forgotten Garden, you will love Morton's other books! That jacket looks great... Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sentiment about Thanksgiving. It's too special of a day to be out shopping, I think! This sweater is going to be beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.