Sunday, August 13, 2017

Slow Weekly Stitching

A friend of mine asked if I would like to join a crafty Meetup group with her. It meets once a week at a local Panera Bread restaurant. I have attended the first 3 meetings and hope to be able to attend somewhat regularly once work starts up again. Going to these meetings helped me finish Peace, Love, Coexist which you can see here

This week I asked the other women who are attending whether I could take photos of what they are working on and share them on my blog. I did not include photos of the stitchers themselves as we are just getting to know each other. I hope you enjoy looking at a variety of Slow Stitching.

My friend Randi is making this pretty shawl. She recently used this same yarn to make a tank top for herself without using any pattern.
The woman who has organized this Meetup group is also named Randi. This is the needlepoint that she is currently working on. 
This vase of flowers is being stitched by Susan. Click on the photo and you can see the incredible beading that she is doing.
 Wendy is stitching these cats. Look at the variety of stitching in the frame. 
This piece by Harriet is almost finished. It is so pretty.
This is being made by Helene for a little boy. I love the checkerboard border.
This beautifully shaded Stargazer Lily is going to become a two-sided pillow. Dianne has already finished the other side.
As you can tell, many of the members of this group are needlepoint stitchers, but there are some more knitters also.
Deb is making this pretty striped baby blanket.
Judy is making this absolutely gorgeous shawl with "yarn" that looks like film. She says that it is no longer made. What a shame.
 Those of you who have followed my blog for a while, know that this pretty purple Two Harbors Poncho is being made in my favorite color. This is being knitted by Karen.
There are a few cross-stitchers also. This pretty table runner was made by Kat. She was working on a matching napkin during our meetup. 
 So what was I working on you ask? Well, Baker Beach is too big to bring with me, so I am trying to finish my 2015 Prairie Schooler Santa. 

It would be nice to have an ornament for each of my children this Christmas.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. On Monday, I will join the Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape. Pop on over to these sites to see what other bloggers are up to. My son is visiting this weekend, but I will try to find some time to work on Baker Beach. 

Thanks for stopping by!




16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful variety of projects here including your Santa. I love the colors in that shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a talented group of ladies!! Such a nice way to meet and socialize with fellow stitchers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to meet new people and work on a project at the same time! Do other people in the restaurant come over to see what you are working on? Santa is well on his way to being done. I will go to check out your finished Summer of Love project now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have a very creative group. My knit group now has hand stitchers, as well as crocheters. It is nice to hang out with women when they are creating beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great group of ladies to be with, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful group you've found! Thanks for sharing the buffet of needlework. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! There are some very talented ladies in your group! Your Peace, Love, Coexist came out so pretty! Congratulations! Thank you so much for continuing to share your beautiful work and, now, that of your new group of friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I am so glad you asked your friends if you could share their work. I wish I could pick a favorite piece. Everyone's projects are fabulous. What a treat to be able to spend time with so many talented ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a nice-sized group, plenty of people for chatting, inspiration and fun! Thanks for sharing all the projects, including your great ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's a lot of talent in your group!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shares from your group!
    Happy to hear you will continue attending, the support, inspiration and friendships formed when you join an artistic group is very special.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely projects! Sounds like such a fun group to be a part of. RJ@stitching friends forever

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so lucky!!! My group is four members but it was once around 20 people. Seems like people are more busy now than ever and dropped out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow there are some wonderful projects in progress! I think you will have a great time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW... what a talented bunch of ladies you're meeting with. I'll bet it's fun to get together and spending time stitching and visiting.

    I love that you've added a photo of your Summer of Love piece to your blog header!

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilt looks good hanging on the wall its a great spot for it. Your Easter lily is amazing so glad the bunnies didn't nosh on it.


    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.