Sunday, April 30, 2017

Slow stitching

I have been out of touch because Mom's recovery is having a whole lot of ups and downs. Let's just say that pain medication can really do a number on the elderly. I have been spending a whole lot of time at my mom's house including sleeping there some nights. She has now internet so I am really out of touch.

All of my stitching is slow lately, but at least I am making progress. I finally finished Santa this past week. The "e" in Merry was not right and had to be frogged because it messed up all the other letters...which also needed frogging. It is correct now as are the rest.
Now that Santa is done I thought I would concentrate on Baker Beach some more. This is where I left off two weeks ago.

I managed a few more stitches one day this week. I filled in all of the confetti.
I am always happy when I can see progress.

I have started working on another Prairie Schooler Santa, because it is easy to bring to Mom's. 
Spring weather has finally arrived. Hubby and I sat on our front porch with a cocktail a few nights ago. It was so.....relaxing. I hope we can do this more often now. I like having a morning tea or coffee out there too. Right now though I have to clean the little table each time because of the amount of pollen that accumulates.
My tulips have bloomed. I think these were from a past Easter gift. 
This year's Easter tulips will have to be planted soon too. They are currently sitting on my porch.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching today. Tomorrow I will join the Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape.  Pop on over to these sites to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by!


18 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that your mom is having such a rough time. Such a worry! Your Santa looks great! How many Santa pictures are there? Baker Beech progress is always fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm sure she is very happy you are close by and able to help. Your projects are coming along wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never have more than one cross stitch project going at a time... but I have several quilty projects going... so maybe I could if I could see that small these days!lol I love your projects and your tulips are awesome! Thanks for sharing :) kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see your PS Santa finish! He is such a handsome guy... And nice progress on Baker Beach, too!

    Sure hope things even out for your mom very soon. She is lucky to have you nearby. My nearly 90 year-old mom (in 2 weeks!) lives almost 5 hours away and I feel bad that I can't be there for her more often...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty the red tulips look against your tablerunner. I am sorry to hear about Mom's rough time. Santa is very cheery / congrats on a great finish! :) I had to smile seeing him as it is horribly unseasonably warm here today...going up to 85 which is more like July weather, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tablerunner under your tulips!
    Congrats on finishing Santa and making progress on Baker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slowly but always stitching something, you are doing right. Best wishes for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathie: Wow Baker Beach is almost done, your tulips are beautiful, love your Singing Santa, and a new start on Santa.
    We had a Burial Mass for my Mother yesterday, spend as much time as you can with your Mother, so sad to hear she is not well, give her a big hug and tell her how much you love her, Mom's are worth every hug they get and give.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope things are a little better with your Mum, take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those santas are so cute! Best wishes to your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I hope your mom gets better faster. She is lucky that she has you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sad to hear you Mom's not well; I know how difficult that can be.
    I love your finished Santa and your beach picture is really coming along well..
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry your mom isn't doing well, Cathie -- praying that things turn around soon and she's feeling better (and you, too). Your finished Santa looks terrific! He stitched up pretty quickly -- it'll be fun to watch the next one come to life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cathie, Wish you Mom was doing better but glad she has you. I know she loves seeing you come over. Your Santa turned out so well...that is one of my favorites. Great progress on Baker Beach. It is going to be so awesome when finished. Love your tulips. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am sorry to hear your Mom is recovering with issues. Your Santa finished up lovely and I enjoy seeing your progress on Bakers Beach. I hope your Mom shows great improvement this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your tulips are lovely, and your stitching divine. I hope your mom's recovery continues with more ups and fewer downs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you mom is doing much better by now. Yes, the pain meds can do a number on those with a few years on them. LOVE your Santa and look forward to seeing the next! blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope your mom starts doing better soon. Pain meds can really do a number of people of all ages. This must be stressful for both of you.

    Glad you're able to get a bit of stitching done while you're taking care of her. Stitching can help with the stresses of caring for someone.

    Thank you so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.