Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I need some sun!

I have lost my blogging mojo recently. Then again, I have also lost my crafting mojo. It is cold and cloudy, even rainy or snowy most days lately and my energy is lagging. I get home from work and I don't feel like doing anything. 
Of course, I also tutor after work and go visit my Mom some days. 

Over last weekend, I did finally start sewing together my Jaunty Jacket. 
I still have the side seams to sew together and the collar to crochet. I panicked a little at the beginning because I had never put together a raglan sleeve sweater, but after one misstep I figured it out just fine. Whew! What is even better is it fits!

I hope to have some crafting time next week when school is out. My children will be visiting for Easter and I am really looking forward that time. I should have a couple of days totally free next week though. I hope it is a little warmer then so I can get some walking in also. 

I have just finished reading The Murder Pit (A Moose River Mystery) by Jeff Shelby. It was recommended by another blogger and was free for my Kindle. I liked it, but it is definitely a light mystery...if there is such a thing. It is easy reading. Unfortunately, I solved the mystery about three quarters of the way through the book. I hate when that happens. Sometimes I think I have figured it out and am then surprised by the ending. Those are the best kinds of mystery books. I have also found that if you read a lot of a particular author's books, you can eventually predict the ending fairly accurately. That is what happened to me with Agatha Christie books. I had to take a long break from reading them.

I am currently reading Since You've Been Gone by Anouska Knight. I am not that far into it yet so I won't comment on it as yet.

Thanks for stopping by!







5 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time with your family and have a good rest. Hope you have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to family time. Happy Easter!

      Delete
  2. Have a good Easter week, once the sun is out you will feel different hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you find your crafting mojo! it's dark and gray here with some rain, ugh. I had sunshine yesterday so I guess I'll have to use my memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this horrible spring has all of us in the northeast a bit down, Cathie--I don't ever remember a worse spring in all of my 60 years!

    Lovely jacket that you're making... Enjoy your Easter with your kids home--that will surely bring some smiles :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.