Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2026

First July Stitch Along

I have learned something about myself. I need set goals. Since I decided to aim for completing 100 stitches each day on Three Boats, I have been fairly diligent about doing so. This is where I was three weeks ago. 

Except for when we are traveling or hosting our grandkids, I have stitched 100+ stitches each day. This is where I am now. 

I’m so pleased with this progress. You can see that the top boat is almost finished. The second boat will be almost done when this page is completed.

I’ve got other crafts that I am working on also. You can see my Christmas in July plans here. Having a self imposed deadline or process plan for most of them means I am not spending time doom scrolling and wasting my day in other ways. 

This Stitch Along is hosted every three weeks by Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea who kindly sends us the needed posting reminders.

Sadly, Sharon is taking a break from this Stitch Along while she is dealing with some life changes. You can read about that here.

Grab yourself a glass of something cold or a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world, so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

12 comments:

  1. Having a goal and working toward it works for me too. Your stitchery project is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have really made a lot of progress over the last three weeks. Funny how a goal helps to keep us motivated! I have a few sewing goals for the summer and I’m making steady progress towards accomplishing them. Keep stitching! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing progress Cathy, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing how much you're getting done, by setting yourself the 100 stitches a day challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. grandkids take center stage. We babysit so often but I know that one day they will not need us as much! So i get little done around here with my crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we lived closer so that I had the opportunity to babysit. They are getting so big so fast.

      Delete
  6. The goal setting has certainly worked for you. I'd probably set the same kind of target if I was doing a full coverage project. Numbers work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is working well. Now I just have to stick with it.

      Delete
  7. Wow! You've made a load of progress! Between this SAL and just deciding to stitch a column per check in, I've been able to keep going when otherwise I might not have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like seeing your stitched column every three weeks. Stitching 100 stitches a day has definitely made a difference for me.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.