Last weekend Hubby and I traveled to Boston to celebrate our granddaughter's 4th birthday. How time flies. Along with her birthday presents, we brought some of her mother's LEGO sets that were still at our house. There are more somewhere, but we have yet to find where we stored them 13 years ago when we did a whole house renovation.
Our granddaughter loved putting together the 4 sets that we brought. Our granddaughter is working on parts of a soccer stadium. I have to find the rest of it. (All the directions were stored together in our daughter's old bedroom and she took them home with her on her last visit. She showed them to me so now I know which ones I am looking for.)
I was recently going through the clothes that I had made for my daughter when she was little and came upon these. I think our granddaughter may be able to wear some of them now. This was a sweatshirt embellishment that was in Crafting Traditions magazine.
I still have the patterns for the items below. I can make some for both granddaughters if I can find a fashion fabric store.
We returned home last Sunday to a somewhat upsetting family issue that caused us to cancel the trip we had planned to California to see our son and his family. I was very sad about this as it has been 3 months since we visited. It is somewhat ironic that our son has subsequently come down with Covid so our cancellation for another reason turns out to be fortunate.
I have been crafting some. I couldn't concentrate for a couple of days so I just mindlessly cross-stitched. Counting was not a problem. As a result, the Merry Christmas snow globe grew.
It is about 1/3 completed now as there is a lot of fill-in stitching on the base of the snow globe.
I marked and quilted one border of the Churn Dash quilt. I am using a blue and yellow variegated tatting thread to quilt this as it is crossing two different colored fabrics.
I had to stop knitting my younger granddaughter's sweater for a few days as were were visiting and I was up to a part of one of the front sides that needed my concentration. The back and both fronts are completed and I am now working on the first sleeve.
I haven't baked in a while, but I was craving something with apricot. I made Whole Wheat Cinnamon Apricot muffins. The recipe is from an old magazine clipping that I had never tried.
I finished reading The Chelsea Girls by Fiona Davis. It was good, but not as enjoyable as some of her other books. It got better near the end. I am currently reading Homecoming by Kate Morton. I am about halfway through. I am enjoying this book, but not loving it so far. It is over 500 pages, so I have a way to go with it.
I will be joining Frederique at the Quilting Patch on Saturday and Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Take some time to relax with a glass of something cold or a cup of tea or coffee and pop on over to their sites to see what other bloggers are stitching.
Thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.