Sunday, April 22, 2018

All together

All of my Granny Square Roses have been connected and now I am just working around the outer edge. 
 I think I will continue as I am, sort of making a big granny square round all around the outside edge for at least two rows. 
Then, I will decide what to do next. I have some options that I have seen on other blogs.

I managed to add another piece of Christmas Tree to my Advent Calendar, but it wasn't without it's trials. 
I was home alone one night this week and decided to fill my time by adding that top piece. I set myself up at the kitchen table, cut out the piece and started adding the embroidery, sequins and beads. The embroidery...there is only a little....went just fine. Then came the sequins. I was tired and a little stressed so of course despite my carefulness I tipped over the box of beads and sequins. It wasn't a disaster, but it wasn't pretty either. Some of the sequin colors mixed together and had to be sorted.  Some of the sequins ended up on the table....some on the floor. Believe me they were not easy to pick up. Some of the beads were mixed in with the sequins. Thankfully none of those ended up on the floor. I cleaned everything up and sorted what I could and started stitching the green sequins, but then I kept picking up the sequins and beads with the needle prior to bringing the needle to the right side of the fabric. 
I finally gave up and finished it yesterday afternoon when I was in a much better frame of mind. 
I may add another piece today. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. My Advent Calendar is in my sights. 

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. Your blanket is absolutely beautiful! I love this pattern. Years ago, I found and saved a similar pattern for a flower motif. I've used it as a center for different pieces but never made a complete blanket. Your advent canvas is coming along great, too. Enjoy your Sunday, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top section of the tree looks great despite your trials and tribulations with the spilled beads. We once knocked over one of those plastic drawer units filled with different sizes of nails and screws. My FIL took everything home and sorted it all out for us. He was a very patient man who never seemed to get rattled about anything. I hope today’s stitching goes more smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your projects are pretty. I love beaded felt Christmas projects. Possibly crocheting may be more relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas tree is looking quite lovely and the granny rose afghan is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor you, it sounds Ike a frustrating session! That said it's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate spilling something with little pieces all over the place and then have to sort out - it takes forever to clean up doesn't it. - your pieces are looking lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Cathie, I love your granny square roses afghan and your advent calendar too! So fun kind of projects... glad you overcame obstacles to finish that tree too :) Thanks for sharing! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate it when that happens!!! So glad you are continuing on despite the supply scattering incident!
    The afghan is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your granny square roses are gorgeous1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your granny flowers are simply gorgeous!

    I did that with my sequins and beads a few years ago while working on a stocking. It was on carpet and to this day I still come across a random sequin or bead when I am cleaning. It was a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your beautiful blanket, love the colours and the texture. I can't crotchet, so I'm really in awe of this lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your crochet is lovely-wonderful colors. I admire you lively interest in the world around you from your different projects, to your museum visit, to your snowscapes and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cathie: Your Advent Calendar is looking great, you have done great progress.
    I am loving that afghan it is beautiful.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh poor you, it sounds Ike a frustrating session! That said it's looking good!
    Royal1688

    ReplyDelete
  15. It really does sound a little frustrating but so worth it. Both projects are amazing, a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the blanket is gorgeous!!! How nice to be at the very end and doing the edging :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.