Sunday, March 4, 2018

Granny Rose Square Afghan

I have bought the yarn that I need and I am working on putting the Granny Rose Square Afghan together. I am using the flat-seam zipper method that I found here. I briefly thought about a more elaborate joining, but I really just want to finish this and I think the roses need to shine.
As you can see, I haven't gotten very far. It is a start though. This is the layout that I have decided on.
Although it is difficult to see, there are five different colored roses....maroon, pink, dark purple, lavender and red.

I haven't worked on the Advent Calendar as I need to spread out on my kitchen table and I just haven't wanted to do that recently. I also find seeing the beads and sequins somewhat difficult at night when I have the time to work on it. 

My son was visiting last week in order to rest and to celebrate my and Hubby's birthdays. We are both in February. Here is what he gave me for my birthday.
 Aren't these plates adorable. I can't wait to use them this Easter. There are two of the small egg shaped ones and then the large platter.
Hubby gave me a canvas purse for Spring as I requested. I photographed it against a Tommy Hilfiger pillow in my son's old room. It is the only piece remaining of a comforter set whose red color ran the first time I washed it despite following the care instructions. 

No crafty gifts this year, but that is okay as I have plenty of stash. A recent trip to Joann's resulted in this ....
These are all of the colors of floss that I need for my next large cross-stitch project. They now need to be wound onto those bobbins and placed in this box.
You can imagine that I was somewhat disappointed to find that of the 50+ colors that I need for that project, this is all that I actually had. As you can see by #838, I was low on some of the colors also. I used a birthday coupon to get all that floss discounted. 

The Advent Calendar is my stitching plan for today. I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Love the layout of your granny squares. What a cute little blanket it will be! Yippee for getting all the floss you needed and organized! Now it will be fun to work on that project.

    Your Tommy Hilfiger purse rocks, but how did you train your husband so well? LOL. Heck, I called my husband this week to take our son a pair of glasses to school because he broke his others. The result after telling him to take the largest glasses in the black case above the microwave translated to take the smallest glasses that are broken that have a large note wrapped around them saying these are Owen's glasses from first grade... Oh dear. He survived. I think my husband is just being creative so that I don't ask him to run errands like that... Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! We both have February birthdays. Your Easter plates are adorable. I can’t wait to see your next stitching project. Is Baker Beach being framed? Enjoy working on your Advent calendar today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grannies are looking great together, I like the diagonal lay-out you chose for them. So you are a February girl...me too! Happy Birthday Cathy!! beautiful gifts, love the plates. Happy Sunday stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Cathie! You received some lovely gifts for your special day. I love your granny square blanket. I've used this rose pattern before for a pillow. I'm excited to see your next big project. Enjoy your day, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!
    Love your floss organization!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday from down here in New Zealand!
    I love your granny blanket - so pretty and I'm sure it will be extra warm and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Don't be disappointed you don't have more of the floss you need - think what fun you can have filling that box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday you were blessed with beautiful gifts. Love the layout of the throw, such wonderful colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated Birthday! Lovely gifts and your afghan looks lovely that way. Hope the joining goes easily.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.