Sunday, December 10, 2017

Decorating!

I am finally getting some of the Christmas decorating done. I put the nativity in the front window. Hubby suggested that I put up the village yesterday. I am so glad that he did! It is finished. 
 
 The night-time view when it is all lit up.
 The church got a lift this year.

It makes the house feel festive.

Speaking of festive, Hubby and I drove around our neighborhood last night to look at the houses that were all lit up after yesterday's snowfall.
Several of the houses in our neighborhood seem to compete.
 These are next door to each other.
 So many wonderful snow covered characters. Olaf seems to be enjoying himself.
Here we have a bold statement.
When we returned to our house I thought it looked quite pretty also.
 My sled full of presents and a small tree decorate our front porch.
It is definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. 

Hubby and I plan to get our tree today. I know what I will be doing for the next several evenings after work.....lights, garland, ornaments.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching today. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I hope to find some time to work on Baker Beach. There has been no progress on that this week. 

Thanks for stopping by!



9 comments:

  1. Definitely festive in your neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I used to have the same covered bridge village piece that you have. I used to collect covered bridge and grist mill items. Let them go when we down-sized. Oh, how I would love to have a whole village display like you have but it is too late in life to start collecting them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the decorating looks lovely - I intend to get most of mine done this afternoon - I have been way too slow

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lights always look better when there is some snow! It's Looking very festive at your house and in the neighbourhood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it fun when neighbors compete with their Christmas lights. Your neighborhood has the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun , it's a winter wonderland .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your village looks so pretty. I love your crocheted tree as your header.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathie: Your Village is lovely, I like the church being elevated.
    Your neighborhood is very festive looking, I like the looks of your designs better, I in my mind think less is more and very elegant.
    The sled and presents are my favorite, the snow adds such a beautiful dramatic look.

    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your village scene and I bet it's fun to set it up. I could get into that :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.