Sunday, November 12, 2017

Canstruction LI

Hubby and I went to an interesting display at an local office building on Saturday. It is called CanstructionLI. Yes, I spelled it correctly. All of these sculptures are made with food cans with a few other food items also. You were asked to bring one can per person and use it to vote on your favorite.

This is Alice in Wonderland



This is Dinner and a Movie Night

 This character was not familiar to me, but it is supposed to be Steve the monkey from "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs".

This is supposed to represent LEGOS.

Derail Hunger

A supermarket to end hunger.
Lightning McQueen

 Bridge Over Hunger

 Knock out Hunger



 Let's Beat Hunger Like A Drum.
Hunger Heroes.


Melting Away Hunger

 I didn't get the name of this one.
 Helping Hands
This sculpture won all of the awards.

 Once again, I didn't get the name of this one.
I hope that you enjoyed this little picture tour of something somewhat unique.

 Today I am going make a quick trip to the grocery store to pick up my Thanksgiving turkey and some mushrooms so I can make my Beef Barley soup.

I hope to add a few more stitches to Baker Beach. This is where it is right now.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Tomorrow I will join the Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape. Pop on over to these sites to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!



14 comments:

  1. The photo before the Helping hands looks like an three scoop ice cream sundae to me. Wonderful exhibit...very creative, for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative way to bring attention and donations to the food bank! BB looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and creative way to help feed those in need! I really enjoyed them. Would have been hard for me to pick a winner. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathie: What an amazing display of caned goods, wow great way to collect canned goods, I volunteer at the local food shelf it is amazing how so many people need help, filing the cupboards at home.
    Baker Beach almost done yahoo.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever display! Baker Beach is going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy what a fun display to go and see and i love your cross stitch ,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent visual hunger display. Thanks for sharing it. Keep working on Baker Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one amazing display!! Such creative people in this world...Have a great week. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your posts are always amazing thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting display--I've never heard of such a thing, but it's pretty cool! Your stitchery is coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks fantastic! The two you didn't get names of look like a ship, maybe the Titanic and the Game of Thrones throne. :) Very cool ideas. I like the train a lot too. Congrats on Baker Beach looking so far along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing / amazing!! I loved it! :) I also see from your prior post that your Santa is finished ; congratulations / Slow Stitching does get finished in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am amazed at how talented and creative people are! I love the train :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is some SERIOUSLY creative can stacking! Amazing. Your Baker Beach is coming along beautifully! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.