Sunday, October 15, 2017

Rainy day, visiting son, quick update

My title says is it all this week. Yesterday and today have been rainy days. I spent most of yesterday with Mom, bringing her for a medical test and then looking with her for a new front door. Our son is visiting this weekend. He and Hubby went golfing yesterday while I was busy with Mom so we were hoping to find something interesting to do today all together but it is cloudy, humid and rainy. Yuck.

Normally I would love to just sit and craft on a day like today, but that interferes with visiting with my son. He is watching soccer right now so I have time to update my blog. I did get some stitching time at the end of the week. Here is how Baker Beach looked last week.
There was a lot of confetti. Yesterday I spent stitching 1 to 4 stitches of many colors in order to fill in some of that confetti.
This is how it looks today.
I would like to finish the water that I am currently working on soon. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching today. Tomorrow I will join the Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape. Pop on over to those sites to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!


16 comments:

  1. I love to come by and watch your cross stitch progress on Baker Beach. So little left compared to what you have done already but, I know that it is still a long many hours of work before it is finished. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the visiting and the stitching! Thanks for popping in and posting to share your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed seeing your progress on this project....so detailed! Enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always nice to have family visiting, enjoy your quality time together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are enjoying your son's visit! Baker Beach is looking great. Those confetti stitches are time consuming, but do add so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm visiting my daughter this weekend so no time for stitching. It might be scary to add up all the hours you have spent on this picture! Hope you find some time this week to do some more stitches. It's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's better than spending time with your dear loved ones. We don't have rain but it's back in the 90's this weekend. I'm so looking forward to cooler temps. Your Baker Beach piece is amazing. You are very talented and patient to create such a lovely piece. Have a good week. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a nice day with your family. It looks to me as if the end is in sight for baker beach?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathie: Your getting there, great progress.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

  10. Your progress is moving forward and Baker beach is going to be beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are making beautiful progress on Bakers Beach. I hope you had a wonderful visit with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It may be slow but you are making good progress. I hope you had a good visit with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you got to enjoy your son's visit. I can remember when you were still on the other side of the canvas for this stitchery, not so much left now (but yes it always takes so much longer than you think it should to finis).

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay for a son visit and to have him close enough for a weekend visit :) I see lots of progress in your stitching :) What a long project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you had a wonderful visit with your son. And that the weather has gotten better there. We're having a couple of rainy, gloomy days here too right now.

    Little by little that water is filling up on Baker's Beach.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.