Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Fair

Hubby and I went to the Long Island Fair last weekend. It took two tries to get in. The parking lot was full on Saturday and the satellite lot had too much traffic to get to it. We went back early on Sunday and had no trouble getting in.
Here are a few pictures. I have to start with the iconic image of this fair. 
 Below is the building that houses all of the crafts, culinary and floral entries.
Floral arranging entries.
 A few more.
These are the individual flowers.

Isn't this baby blanket is adorable?
Elmo is so cute.

 Another pretty crocheted afghan with some cross-stitched flowers.
I believe this is another crocheted afghan although it could be knitted.
This is more impressive in person.
Some quilts.
This is the blue ribbon winner of the Advanced quilts.
The embroidery is so beautifully stitched.
This is the second place Advanced quilt.
Here are all of the Advanced entries.
My shawl couldn't win against these beauties.
I won a second place ribbon for my Autumn angel and an honorable mention too.
I hope you enjoyed the picture tour.

I got a little bit of stitching done on Baker Beach this past week. 
I still have to fill in those dots above the rock. It looks a little weird right now. I am enjoying working on the blue. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching today. I will try to work on Baker Beach a little bit, but I am a little down with a cold and my son is visiting. Tomorrow I will join the Stitchery Link Party. Pop on over to these sites to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Love seeing other Fair entries. The winning quilts are really gorgeous. Your Baker Beach has come a long way these last months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful tour you took us on, some amazing entries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your fair ribbons! I always enjoy visiting the textile 'barn' at our fair...so many talented hands!

    Fun to see Baker Beach progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never entered any of my sewing in a fall fair. Congratulations on your ribbons! I enjoy looking at the craft and sewing entries when we visit a fall fair. Sounds like a fun day! Hope you managed some stitching time yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your ribbons. I always love the local fairs. You will have to enter Baker Beach when it is done.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your ribbons for the Autumn Angel, those crocheted and knitted afghans were lovely, as was the embroidered quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures from the fair. The embroidery work on the blue ribbon quilt is amazing. If only I were more patient and had more time, maybe I could create out that kind of masterpiece. Enjoying the update on Baker Beach. I look forward to seeing that one pop up in my blog feed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing those beautiful entries from the fair - what great inspiration. Your piece is really moving along quickly - you'll be finished in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cathie! I have not been to a county fair in so long and I miss them. I really enjoyed seeing all of the beautiful entries. Congrats on a well deserved ribbon. Baker Beach is almost there. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathie: Congratulations on your Ribbons at Fair.
    Beautiful photos.
    Baker Beach is getting so close to the finish line.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! We went to our local fair this past week and had tons of fun. I am so ready for fall though :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow there were some amazing entries to the fair.

    Baker Beach is looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your ribbons!

    I loved seeing all the pictures from the fair, especially the craft exhibits. Our little fair had hardly any exhibits this year so it was nice to see these.

    Stitch by stitch, Baker's Beach is getting closer to a finish. :)

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.