Sunday, September 17, 2017

Brown and Black and Blue

I'm talking floss colors. I managed a couple of hours of stitching on Baker Beach this week. Lots of brown, black and blue/grey floss. 
I can see the light at the end of the Beach! This is the 10th and final page. Now I am really excited to get at least a few stitches done each week on this project.

Hubby and I visited Saratoga again near the end of the racing meet. This time I went to the local yarn shop, Common Thread Saratoga. I had a couple of patterns with me that I am interested in making so I thought that I would buy some pretty yarn. Here is what I found.


I want to make this Three-Season Cowl with it.


Hubby and I are planning on going to the Long Island Fair today. We tried to go yesterday, but the main parking lot was full and traffic was all backed up to get into the remote parking lot that was being serviced by shuttle buses. We are going to go back first thing this morning. I will share pics later this week.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching today. I hope to fill in that area above the black rock on Baker Beach. On Monday I will join the Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape. Pop on over to these sites to see what other bloggers are stitching. I just made a pot of tea to enjoy while I am reading some favorite blogs. Why don't you do the same.

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Enjoy your outing today as well as some more stitching on Baker. ALmost done ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of that yarn, that will be a beautiful cowl; your x-stitch is really coming along well...have fun today...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yarn is a wonderful colour and your cross stitch is so close to being done! How exciting! Do you have another big cross stitch picture planned for after Baker Beach?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made heaps of progress on your stitching - getting close to being done :-) Love the look of that yarn - the cowl will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting to be on the final page of the design! When we can start to see the finish line, it does seem to boost the energy for the project! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching and sharing your projects with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cathie,
    I love love love the progress you are making on your cross stitch and that teal yarn is LOVELY!!! The pattern you plan to make really rocks too!!!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully you managed to get to the show today and had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are almost there! Lovely work! That cowl will be so gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had success at the yarn shop, hope you did as well at the track. That color teal will make a gorgeous cowl. How did you make out at the fair? Hope you took home a ribbon...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is a beautiful cowl! I can see it done already :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The last page... oh my, that is exciting... you've been working on this for a long time.

    The yarn will make a lovely cowl.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.