Sunday, April 9, 2017

Spring Vacation

My Spring/Easter/Passover vacation from school started on Friday afternoon. Hubby and I have no plans other than to relax and hopefully enjoy some nice Spring weather. Hubby has to teach his university classes as they are not on break. I will help mom with a couple of doctor's appointments.

I hope to get some walking in. I know I will find time to craft. I have spent some time this week working on my Prairie Schooler Santa. He has his scarf and face now. I had to frog his pant legs. When I went to add his boots they were all wrong. I don't know where my mind was when I stitched them.

Baker Beach has a few more stitches. I hope to get a whole lot of stitching done on this during my vacation week.
 Bunny is back in our yard. We see him/her every morning and evening. 


Sorry for the lighting of the picture. I am not sure what happened there.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. I think I will spend some time quilting and cross-stitching today. Tomorrow I will join the Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape. Pop on over to these sites to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. Love all your stitching and the Santa is looking great .
    Beautiful bunny how sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had rabbits in our yard too. The squirrels, chipmunks and birds are out there as well. I hope you have good weather for your week off with time for walking and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee vacation time!
    Hope you get lots of stitching in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and your husband have time to relax together while recovering from the loss of his father. Death is a part of life. Your counted cross stitch is coming along. And every stitch in your quilt is a stitch closer to the finish. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had forgotten about the Prairie Schooler Santas. I have a few patterns I've always wanted to make up. Your Santa looks great. I used to unpick by using the blunt end of the needle to pull the stitches out. Now I just use my seam rigger across the crosses. It goes very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made good progress on all your projects! Cannot wait to see Baker Beach all done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow -- you really made terrific progress on both your projects! Your bunny is so handsome! We have more bunnies around the camp than I've ever seen -- they've evidently been very prolific! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to look forward to days off in a row! Hope your stitching time is fruitful. Love Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stitching is Looking good. Enjoy your spring holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stitching is beautiful. I get carpel tunnel so I can't do it any more but it is good to know that others ar still carrying on the tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your break. I hope you get a lot accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you beautiful weather and a wonderful week off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cross stitching is just beautiful. I especially like the Golden Gate bridge. Reminds me of home as I grew up in the Sf bay area and we could see the bridge from my street. Hope you have a good visit with your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I am behind, Baker Beach has really grown! Nice work on the PS Santa and your bunny photo has an impressionist feel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you have a fabulous spring break, you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no... frogging is no fun! But Santa is still looking great now that he has his scarf and face.

    I hope you had a wonderful spring/Easter break.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.