Sunday, January 29, 2017

An hour and some songs

An hour of time and a Luke Bryan CD and look what I managed to stitch! All of that tangerine color was stitched on Saturday morning. You can see that I strayed a little bit into the next page to the left in order to finish off a strand of floss.
There were over 300 stitches of that color to be completed yesterday. I just stitched along with the music to get it done. Now I can move on to another color. Unfortunately, there are no more large swaths of color left to this page. I hope to spend some more time stitching on Baker Beach today, but maybe not an hour this time. Here is a wider view. I just have to stitch a little bit into the mountains to finish this 7th page out of 10
I am not teaching at university this semester, so I should have more time each weekend  and some nights for some crafting. I have been steadily working on my daughter's On The Tracks infinity scarf also. I added a couple of rows to the pattern in between the two open work rows as she wanted something slightly wider.
Her birthday is tomorrow, but this really wasn't necessarily intended as a birthday gift anyway. She had a different request that I was having trouble finding until I stopped in a little local store yesterday. I will send both to her as soon as the scarf is completed.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching today. Tomorrow I will join the Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape. Pop on over to these sites to see what other bloggers are up to. 
  
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. The next part of the bridge is coming into view! You got lots done yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is coming along well! I am so impressed with the scope of the bridge project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You accomplished a lot in an hour! Hope you enjoy your Baker Beach time today!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing your progress on Baker Beach :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fun to stitch along to music, you certainly got lots done and it's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once you start, it can be hard to stop stitching. That is an impressive project to be working on so long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My! 300 stitches on one color is great progress. Even bits of stitching time is moving towards a completed project. Enjoy your upcoming blocks of free time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of stitches in one color. I think that is why I got stopped on my cross stitch. Maybe I should pull it out for some loving.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bridge is coming along so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always impressed by your perseverance I am not sure I would have been able to stick to such a large project. It will be amazing when it is finished. Love the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. enjoy your non university semester where you get lots and lots of crafts done ;) happy birthday to your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You certainly made a lot of progress on your skyline area of Baker Beach.
    The scarf for your daughter is coming along nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work on your stitching and the scarf for your daughter =) I'm sure she'll like it =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW... 7th out of 10 pages... you must be getting excited to know that you're drawing closer to a finish.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Paryy and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful cross stitch! Happy birthday to your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your stitchery skills are amazing...I am picking my chin up as I look at the photos you posted.
    Love you find time for some knitting too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Baker Beach looks fantastic! Great progress and the scarf looks wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.