Sunday, July 24, 2016

Going to the Beach

It is really hot outside so I am going to the beach.....Baker Beach that is. I'm no dummy. I am not going to venture to the beach in 90 degree weather when I can sit in my air-conditioned house and work on Baker Beach. I really don't like the beach anyway which is quite odd for a Long Islander, but all the sand getting in your shorts/bathing suit and on your feet. Needing to bring baby powder to get it off before getting in the car. Schlepping the cooler, blanket, chair and umbrella from the car to the beach. Finding a relatively quiet place to claim your spot. The constant application of sun-screen so that you don't burn and then getting gritty when you put it on because there was sand on your hands. Oh and don't get me started about trying to eat at the beach and not have sand in you food. Ugh. I like sitting by a lake much better.
Nope, I am going to enjoy my cross-stitched beach thank you very much. 
As you can see I am oh so close to finishing page 6 out of 10. There are less than 500 stitches in that little corner. Then I can move on to the left side of this large picture and work on the other 4 pages. I wonder if I can finish those stitches today. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. You can guess what I will be working on. On Monday I will join the Stitchery Link Party over at Super Mom - No Cape. Pop on over to these sites to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:


  1. I use to love the beach when the children were small but like you not so much now I do like to walk on there and find shells but thats it , you are so right .

    Your stitching is looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous! That is turning out great! Have a fun (and cool) day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made a lot of progress on this! It is looking great. Enjoy your no-sand beach stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I burn in the sun too so I also prefer a cool shady spot for my stitching. Good luck getting your 500 stitches in today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go girl.....500 stitches is nothing (LOL). Id love to see a picture of the finished project, I just can't image what another four or five pages looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you don't get any sand on your hands while you stitch all that sand!! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been watching this lovely piece come together--amazing work. this is beautiful hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful beach to spend your Sunday at. Enjoy your slow stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just started cracking UP at all the things wrong with the beach...funny post and enjoy your stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Living near the mountains I miss the beach, but you are right there will be sand allover. Oh my + 4 pages(?) Have a great Slow Sunday Stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live in a desert so I dream about the beach! I love beaches....but so rarely get to enjoy one! Your stitching project is really coming along! So beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live near the beach but when put like that I can understand not wanting to sit on it and enjoy the cool inside and that amazing project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My EXACT feelings about the beach! People just don't understand us. You can also add going into cold water with scary things swimming around. lol

    Your stitching is just beautiful. It's such fun to watch it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so agree with you about the beach, Cathie!! I much prefer a shady spot by a lake. We have to go to the Outer Banks with my husband's whole family each year and I dread the ritual of sunscreen and sand in all the wrong places :)

    Love your stitching progress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really good work on this piece, I love this design :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.