Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Summer vacation is coming!

There are only 3 more days of school left, but I have already started my summer reading. It was necessary. I was just waiting to immerse myself in a good story. Since I went to the library without the list that I keep of books that I want to read, I picked up a couple of books by authors that I know won't disappoint me.

I am almost finished with the Nora Roberts book. How I love reading her books with witches. I just get lost in the story. This is the first of a trilogy and the library has the next two. I can't wait to read them.

I have also made some progress on my crocheted Christmas tree. The first layer is finished and the second is almost done. I really don't think this will take much time at all. 
I am joining Ginny for Yarn Along. What are you knitting/crocheting? What are you reading? Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are up to.

I finally finished filling all my outdoor pots with plants. These are on my front porch. 
My back yard garden is blooming with profusion also. Here are some coral bells and astilbe.
My tiger lilies are in full bloom.
I enjoy sitting, stitching, reading and admiring my flowers in either place. Starting next week I will be able to do so whenever I feel like it. 

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your summer reading , they look he kind of books I would read.
    Can't wait to see your Christmas tree.
    Your garden looks beautiful , so many lovely flowers .
    Have a fun summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for summer break being almost here for you! I have read many Nora Roberts books in my lifetime, always a good read. I have read a few of Susan Wiggs as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your summer break. Looking forward to seeing how the Christmas tree works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks amazing! All these flowers are such a joy to look at! I love the idea of a crochet Christmas tree, you are so smart to start Christmas project in June!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers look so beautiful! I wish I could keep plants alive, they always lift your spirits to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathie: Love the looks of the crochet Christmas Tree.
    I am like you I can get lost in a good story.
    Love the flower photos.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.