Sunday, April 17, 2016

Spring Weather

We are finally having some Spring weather! I have uncovered the table and chairs on my front porch and potted my pansies. 
Looking around my yard I found some pretty pink hyacinths that I planted last year. 
I also found some white daffodils 
and one with a really deep orange center. 
I love seeing my daffodils bloom each year. The flowers are almost done, but they managed to survive some freezing temperatures and still look very pretty.
I am looking forward to getting some stitching done this weekend. It is not as hectic as some other recent weekends. I have been working on the pup for a few minutes in the evenings. 
He is looking good. I am making progress on his tail.
Yesterday, I was somewhat tired so I decided to pick this stamped cross-stitch back up because it has fairly large swaths of single colors. I didn't want to make any mistakes on one of my more detailed projects so I worked on the light orange and dark yellow at the top near the printed brown. This is a long-term WIP that my mom gave up on and that I had to frog before restarting. It is a fall scene with a church from Dimensions that is quite old. I don't think that I have worked on it in over a year. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching today. On Monday, I will join the Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape. Pop on over to these sites to see what other bloggers are up to.

Thanks for stopping by!






15 comments:

  1. The Spring weather we were having has now deserted us leaving a real drop in temperature and rain lots of it. Love your beautiful pansies they are such a delight at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see all your spring bulbs in bloom, Cathie! We are still waiting. Your cross stitch is all looking good too -- looks like a lovely plan for the day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see all your lovely Spring flowers blooming, my daffodils come up as leaves only after the first year I planted them, it just doesn't get cold long enough in Florida for them to flower, but the leaves do make me smile. The pup stitchery is coming along nicely and the stamped cross stitch is going to be stunning when complete. Thank you for sharing and for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are gorgeous. I sure miss having a flower garden. Love your cross-stitch projects which are coming right along. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see the pup growing and good for you to carry on a stamped project. That would be very difficult for me. It does look pretty though. Beautiful flowers! Our daffys aren't up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Spring flowers! Lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww....the wonderful sights of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are gorgeous! Great progress on your stitching. Both projects look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your flowers and your stitching. Thanks for sharing, Guida.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this was a wonderful weekend! I hope I can savor the memories while the rain comes back again. Your flowers are pretty and we dusted off the patio table set and put the umbrella back up. Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful spring fpwers. I love daffodils and they are in full bloom here right now.
    Great progress on your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally getting around to visiting the Slow Sunday Stitching links...
    I think we all have projects we can work on that require high concentration,
    and those that are more relaxing for those times when we need it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the flowers, I love spring everything is so fresh and smells o yummy.
    Love your Dog, I have done stamped stitching myself, sometimes it is a great break from counting.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're having an odd spring here, nice one day, cold the next. I haven't bought my pansies yet for fear that we'll get a late frost.

    You can just start to see the pup shaping up! And the autumn Church scene is going to be lovely.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for linking back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.