Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Finished!

A while ago I asked my readers to help me choose the fabric for this project. 
 
It turns out I just used the light green as the backing for the pillow that I made.
I was wandering through Michael's near the fall displays when I saw the green jute twine that surrounds the pillow and serves as the hanger. I am going to loop this over the handle of a cabinet....not sure which one yet. This is a TV cabinet from when TVs were quite large. Now it just holds my equally large 1980's speakers. I am so glad I can claim my second finish of the summer. I was definitely hoping for more. 
My university course begins tonight so for me summer is officially over. 

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Carol said...

What a darling finish, Cathie--the green jute worked perfectly!

Best of luck in your university course :)

mamasmercantile said...

A wonderful finish, I love the jute edging it gives a real charm to the finish. Hope the university course goes well.

Needled Mom said...

It looks beautiful. I love the light green.

CathieJ said...

Thank you. I was so happy when I found that jute. Thanks for visiting.

CathieJ said...

Thank you. I am very happy with the way this came out. Cathie

Laura at Beehive Rugs said...

The green jute edging is perfect. Good luck with the university course!

karen said...

mentally summer was over for me last week. I hope your teaching went well (I'm sure it did). Lovely stitching!!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Looks so sweet. I am working on a fall cross stitch as well. It's just too hot here for working with yarn yet.

CathieJ said...

Thanks Laura, I was really tired after teaching last night. I have to get back in the swing.

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely little finish.