Sunday, July 12, 2015

Flower power

My garden is still blooming!
My daylilies at the side of our deck.
 A lacy hydrangea
and Easter lilies
I love the continuing show of blooms throughout the summer. 

I am joining Kathy for Slow-Sunday Stitching today. Monday I will join the Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape.
I have managed to make some good progress on my cross-stitching.
There are only 4 stitches left until I start on the 4th page of Baker Beach. You can see the white spaces off to the right below the bridge.
I stopped stitching to make dinner the other day. Those 4 stitches are three different colors. 
I spent some time at my mom's house one day this week and got a lot of stitching done on my Prairie School Santa.
I am not using the recommended color for the green as it was too blue for my taste. I also didn't like the way it looked with the gold for the scarf. I chose a vintage thread from my stash. I plan to sit on my front porch or back deck and stitch some more today.
We are enjoying some really great weather here on Long Island this weekend. 
Friday night Hubby and I went to Jones Beach to walk on the boardwalk and by the water. 
Hubby was taking the picture.
Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Love your flowers! I have one daffodil so far this season and cannot wait for all the blooms to appear.
    Your cross stitch is looking wonderful. Is the Santa for you or a gift?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be fairly lucky growing perennials. Santa will probably be a gift for one of my children. I have another Prairie School Santa to make also. One for each child.

      Delete
  2. You have some wonderful blooms in your garden, a lovely season for the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the harsh winter we had, it is so nice to see that all the perennials survived and are thriving.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photo of you and the beach and your garden blooms seem quite happy. I have enjoyed watching this stitching as it progresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Golden Gate stitchery is amazing! Hope you get to enjoy your slow stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still making great progress on the bridge. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos of your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your daylilies--mine are so S L O W in coming to flower this
    year...and i planted four new varieties in my new front garden space and they haven't even done ANYthing at all..just a few paltry leaves---my basil is being eaten and my tomato and cuke are too...not a good garden year here I guess. I know I've told you how much I like that bridge--but it is lovely...coming along so well...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is looking lovely. I really like that hydrangea - I have a couple of ordinary ones but the lacy ones are by far the prettiest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stitching and beautiful flowers , what could be better .

    ReplyDelete
  9. For those of us that live in apartment building and surrounded by buildings everywhere it is restful to look at such pretty flowers in a pretty garden. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! Nothing like a walk on the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look lovely :) yay to the fourth page (almost). That is a labor of love right there :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.