Wednesday, July 8, 2015

30 Years

Yesterday, Hubby and I celebrated 30 years of marriage.
We celebrated by going out to dinner at a local restaurant.

The lazy summer days have caught me. I haven't spent much time crafting at all this past week. Of course, my daughter was visiting for the July 4th holiday. I didn't want to waste any of our time together. We went shopping returning (she had purchased a lot on-line). . . great mother-daughter time. As a family we went to Belmont Racetrack for the Stars and Stripes Festival on the 4th. We all had a somewhat winning day at the races!

I started a new project at the end of last week. 
Does the yarn above look familiar? Those of you who read this blog last summer followed my trials and tribulations in knitting a vest for my mom. In the end, that vest was waaaaaay too large for mom. I had one skein left over, so I am starting another vest for mom. This one has a much easier pattern and I now know the correct size to make for her (I measured her favorite purchased vest). Mom has returned the too-large vest to me and I will frog it to use the yarn in this new pattern. Sigh......

I am joining Ginny for Yarn Along this week after a long absence. What are you knitting/crocheting? What are you reading? I recently finished reading Crazy In Love by Luanne Rice. This is an older book and I can't say that I really enjoyed it. I found the main character to be way too dependent on her husband and marriage for her happiness and although her journey through that was part of the crux of the story, I did not find it interesting. There was too much angst and too much sorrow for my taste. 
I am currently reading The Girl on the Train by Pamela Hawkins. 
I won this book in a giveaway from Kat at Through Our Garden Gate. I know this is a best seller, but there is not a likable character in this entire book. As for it being a thriller....no it is just a drawn out mystery that I am currently not interested in solving. I will finish reading it and then pass it on to my daughter. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cathie on your anniversary 30 yrs wow.
    What a beautiful couple .
    Sad about the knitting , well done on keeping going on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, wishing you many more happy years together. Shame about the vest, hopefully it will work out this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 30 years together - what a wonderful milestone! I love the blue of the yarn. Hope this knit is successful.
    I have seen lots of people are reading The Girl on the Train but it doesn't appeal to me. I have been thinking I should read it just because, but have decided life is too short! I never seem to get to all the books I want to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne. I was really looking forward to reading this, but I have to say that I am disappointed.

      Delete
  4. Happy anniversary. That is wonderful. It sounds like a great weekend was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary.
    I'm sorry about the book. I've been disappointed in quite a few best sellers lately

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 30th!! That's a big one :) Such a lovely shade of yarn you're using for your mom's vest--hope this one fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Luanne Rice's books--so accessible and riveting...Congratulations of your 30th anniversary!1 that Classic Elite vest looks nice--i frogged my vest--it made me look like blimpie!! Ugh!! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to you and best wishes on the second 30!! :) Glad you found a pattern you'll like and hope it goes better than last summer's attempt. That blue is lovely! I've not read The Girl on the Train and am not much into mysteries, so I may not ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sort of felt the same way part way through the book.....(I was listening to it).....stay with it. I promise you---you'll be glad you did. (Don't want to wreck anything!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it gets better. I will read until the end just to say that I read it.

      Delete
  10. happy anniversary to you and your husband. I'm glad you spent time with your daughter (YAY) and now I'm not wanting to read that book as much....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on 30 years - that is quite a milestone!
    I can understand how you feel about your book, I feel the same about Gone Girl!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that book yet either. I will finish this book and then pass it on.

      Delete
  12. Happy 30th anniversary to you and your husband.
    And good luck with the new vest that have just started. Hopefully you can use the yarn of the old one for something else.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary!! Wishing you many more years of happiness together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy anniversary! 30 years is quite an achievement; I wish you many more happy years together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.