Monday, December 1, 2014

Decorating

It is unusual for me to begin decorating for Christmas prior to December 1st. Since I don't know how many days I will be working each week, I realized I have to take advantage of any free time available to decorate my home and start baking. 
Traditionally, the first Christmas item I put out is my Advent calendar. 

This year Hubby and I set up my New England Village on Saturday. This is the full view of this year's set up. It changes a little bit each year.
A skaters holding their dresses are some that my Mom gave me that I grew up with. The gliding girl and the boy are more recent purchases (by recent I mean sometime in the last 15 years).
I think that I always place the church in the center .
Can you see Santa and his reindeer on the roof of the home on the right?
Even my village has a fabric and quilt vendor....the two figurines on the right below. You can also see the jam and jellies vendor in the picture above.
Thanks for stopping by!




10 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I have skaters like that too! I only bring them and a lady in a sleigh out now and put them with non-breakable people because of the grands but I had the whole set from my mom for years that I used when my kids were growing up! :) What fun to see them here! :)

Irene said...

A beautiful Winter scene, i love your last picture with the lights in the house - just magical.

luv
irene
xxxx

Donna said...

Your village looks lovely! I look forward to seeing your decorations over the coming weeks.

mamasmercantile said...

What a wonderful start to the season. A truly beautiful winter scene.

Julierose said...

I love your /village--I wish I had begun collecting when I was younger--now it seems a bit late in the day at 71!! Still am enchanted with them though...hugs, Julierose

Katie said...

Too pretty! We work on ours slowly. We started today.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Absolutely Beautiful set up. Puts me in that Holiday mood !

CathieJ said...

Thank you.

CathieJ said...

Thanks Donna!

CathieJ said...

Thank you. I am enjoying looking at it right now.