Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Left Side Finished!

I have finished the left side of my mom's vest. I hope to cast on the right side of the vest later this week. My next few days are full to the brim so I am not expecting to get to that before Friday. I am so happy to be casting on the last large piece. 
I am also going to cast on a hat for a Christmas present. This is the pattern that hurt my hand last year, but it is fairly easy and makes a great hat. I will make it a little longer than the pattern specifies because my son thought the one I made him last year was a little short. I briefly considered crocheting a hat, but I don't want to make an unknown pattern as a gift.
I thought I would also show you an update on one of my cross-stitch Christmas gifts. It is a close picture because I don't want the recipient to figure it out if they see this post. 

I am joining Ginny's Yarn Along again this week. What are you knitting/crocheting? What are you reading? Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are up to. 

As for my reading I finished Summer Breeze by Nancy Thayer before my Kindle loan ran out. I really like this book as I have all the other books that I have read by this author.  I have yet to begin reading another book. I have been spending my free time crafting and browsing my extensive stash of craft and food magazines and books.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. \you are doing really well with your gifts, I love a browse through magazines and books this times of year especially recipe books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love your stitching. Can't wait to see what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hip hip hooray for the left side! You will definitely be done now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.