Monday, October 6, 2014

Autumn Activities

The leaves are turning and the air is getting cooler. It is time for fall cleaning. Those of you who read my blog regularly know that I find window washing very satisfying. 
There are lots of windows in my house and this past week I finally got started on cleaning them this Fall. I started with the second floor windows that I never got around to cleaning in the Spring. I am lucky that the majority of my windows tilt in for cleaning.
Hubby and I went apple picking on the east end of Long Island this past weekend. It seemed like everyone on Long Island decided that Sunday was the day to go apple and pumpkin picking. Then again it was pouring rain all day Saturday. We will be going pumpkin picking next weekend with our daughter. We picked a bushel of Macoun apples and an unknown yellow variety.
That is Hubby with our full basket. Now I have to make some pies and breads.
I also made this oven roasted Italian Sausage and Potatoes. I love a one pan meal.
This is so easy. One pound Italian sausage, one pound red potatoes cut in half, one large onion cut in eighths, two bell peppers cut in eighths (I only had orange peppers). Mix together on a baking sheet with 1 tbsp. oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cook in the oven at 450 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Stir halfway through. Yum.
This little guy visited our deck yesterday. He stayed in one place for quite a long time so I was able to snap his picture.
Now it is time to wash more windows.
Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

  1. You are very welcome to stop by and clean mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but I probably have to clean my mom's first. :)

      Delete
  2. I love clean windows too. Hubby usually does them just before Christmas when we move the furniture around. We lived in Manorville for years and remember the traffic just trying to head a few towns east at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My DH is the one in our house who loves cleaning windows , I don't mind ha. Your meal looks Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to hate cleaning windows when I was a kid. I think that was because there were always spiders lurking in the crevices. No spiders in my energy efficient, 10 year old windows.

      Delete
  4. frodo would have lost his mind if a rabbit sat in front of our sliding glass door. Your dish looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is why the rabbits like our yard because it is one of the only one without a dog in my neighborhood.

      Delete
  5. How fun! Apple picking always reminds me of fall. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.