Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I made a swatch!

Well I did it! I knitted a swatch and happily my gauge is on track. My width is perfect, my length is a little long but I am not concerned about that. Thanks for all the swatching tips. I haven't started the sweater yet but I will get there soon. Baby steps.
 

Joining Ginny for Yarn Along. In that vein, I made a trip to the library at the end of last week. Although I love Nora Roberts' books, I really can not get into the J.D. Robb book I have been trying to read. So, I have returned it to my daughter and I took out these. I love the Debbie Macomber knitting book that I borrowed. Since I wasn't a knitter until recently I never paid attention to this series. Now I am obsessed. I think I may read the Alice Hoffman book first. I hope it catches my attention.
 
 
I finished my coasters. Now I want to make a small holder for them. I think I might make another set too. I want to use some different colors and maybe a different pattern.

 
I have made good progress on my Scary Cat hand-towel. I think I've figured out how I can post the pattern. It should be coming soon. Thanks so much to my computer savvy hubby. I don't know what I would do without him. I know I frustrate him often with my computer knowledge ..... or lack thereof. Although I have to admit that I have mastered the blogging mostly on my own. Yay for me!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Lisa @ HappyinDoleValley said...

Such a good girl to knit a swatch. So often I neglect it and then regret it! Happy knitting!

Kerry Cogan said...

Swatches are the first step! Good luck in your knitting endeavors!

Cathie J said...

Thanks Lisa. I don't know how good I am but I'm less nervous about the actual sweater now. Cathie

Cathie J said...

Thanks, Kerry.

steph said...

Swatching is the KEY!!! (I'll often use the sleeve of a sweater, though, to make sure of the gauge....not so much to rip out if it's not right. After knitting for almost 60 years (YIKES!!!!!!!!) I can still mess up without that darn swatch!!!!)

Cathie J said...

Thanks Steph, I like the idea of starting with the sleeve. It's nice to know that even with your experience, you can still mess up. It gives me hope.

Jarka said...

lovely coasters! I really like the pattern! I think I should make a set of coasters too - we don't have any in our dorm room :P

Cathie J said...

Having visited many dorm rooms you probably don't need them to protect the furniture but they would be nice. Thanks for visiting.